Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ice Shelter ?
i am wondering if anyone has tried or heard good things about the igloo xl ice shelter. looks comparable to the quickfish3. any suggestions on shelters? can get the igloos xl for $154 with free shipping online. sportsmans sold out of the quickfish3 but says they are aobut $250?
[signature]
I picked up a Quickfish 3 from Sportsman's this year for $199. It's a great little shelter but it's kind of small for 2 or more people. Actually 2 isn't bad if you keep your gear well organized. I go solo quite a bit though and it's perfect. I also looked at the flip up style with the built in chairs. Those are pretty nice, but rather heavy. Since I pull my sled by hand I shied away from those. I'd say the Igloo would be a good deal if you fish alone most of the time, but if you go with 2-3 people I'd get something comparable to the Quickfish 6.
[signature]
my brother-in-law sells the eastman ice cubes. they're pretty much the same thing as the eskimo, just black instead of red. I've got an eskimo Q3 and I love it. You can fit four people in there nice and cozy if you position the holes right. I've done it quite often actually. It's not bad
[signature]
I ordered the Igloo XL last week. Should be here this week sometime. The reviews I saw online were nothing but positive. I live in the Cottonwood Heights area of SLC, you're more then welcome to come take a look before you order if you want to once it arrives. Let me know.
[signature]
Provo sportsmans is selling the Q3 for $169
[signature]
the xl is a 4 person tent looks like its the same as the quickfish i love mine more room should be awesome [fishin]
[signature]
thanks for the input guys. i knew you would be helpful. bought a quickfish 3 from sportsmans and love it. $169 right now. i believe its nearly the same dimensions as the eastman/gorilla 4 man.
[signature]