Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Cabela's
got the new ad and HOLY COW.
They probably have these coupons at the store:

Fish finders with GPS $230. OFF for $269.

And the little 8 AMP / 12Volt batteres WITH the charger for $19.99.

Thought you all might be interested!
[signature]
[cool][#0000ff]I got mine too. Some smokin' deals there.[/#0000ff]
[signature]
TubeDude,

Would that little 8A/12v battery that Goddess mentioned run our 565 Humminbirds?

And if so, for how long?

Thanks!

Bob
[signature]
I have used the smaller 4.5A/12V battery for several days on my 575 Humminbird with hardly a drain. Basically the same unit just has side sonar. The one Cabelas has is nice but takes up a lot of room and is way more battery then you need. Just my $.02.
[signature]
Thanks Tl. Absolutely...that is what these batteries are made for[Wink]
Night fishing with the light might drain them but as mentioned I have go a week on one. They will fit in a side bag easy enough.

Now then, what is so special about a Humminbird 565?

Just asking.
[signature]
I took mine to the Burbot bash in Wyoming last week and ran it from about 4pm till midnight with the light on full blast the whole time. The battery was in a cooler to help it stay warm. I had 12.48 volts when I left and just checked it and it still has 12.10 volts after sitting in the cooler all week.
[signature]
WOW! Outstanding!
[signature]
I went with the 575 because my brother had the 565 and I liked the way his worked. Was easy to use and had more features then some of the other brands for a similar price. Didn't hurt that I had some Cabelas points and they were having a great sale on them the day I went in. The 575 has side sonar which sounded good at the time. I don't use it very often but it has it's place at times. Only down side it that it makes the stupid transducer twice as big.
[signature]
I went there yesterday with MaDfisher55 and ended up with the Huminbird 565 and the battery. Right now Cabelas is clearancing out the 565's for the newer 570 model. the 565 runs 169.99 right now. Same online. The battery deal is great. This is the one with the charger regular 39.99. The battery without the charger is 19.99. Coupon makes the one witht the charger 19.99 as well. I saved about $70 by getting thses now and now waiting until the end of February. Now to come up with mounting sysytem for the toon.[Smile][Smile]
[signature]
That s cool Albino. Looking at these ads they are CRAZY. I am waiting for the deal on the Yamaha 200 Generator...got like $200. in bonus bucks. Tuff hanging on to them though with these sales!!!!
[signature]
Yes I have noticed the sales are doing well. There is a gear bag in the ad for 15. It is ok, There is another over by the fishing gear called Deluxe gear bag. Has more pockets, looks better made. They want 39.99 for it. Found out they have it on line for 19.99. Got it for 19.99. Looks like Cabelas may be a place to stay away from if I want to save money and not spend it eh?[cool]
[signature]
Ah yeaaaa. I know I was soooo close today (Ikea) but I was strong....phewww wiping the sweat away...LOL
[signature]
where is the add new paper?
[signature]
Mine came in the mail, but I bet they are at the door.
[signature]
Yes they are on the counter next to the doors. They also came in the mail.
[signature]
[quote tlspyder13]I have used the smaller 4.5A/12V battery for several days on my 575 Humminbird with hardly a drain. Basically the same unit just has side sonar. The one Cabelas has is nice but takes up a lot of room and is way more battery then you need. Just my $.02.[/quote]

Thanks TL. Haven't even seen the ad yet, so don't know about the size/amount of room needed. It just sounded like a good price for "A" battery. I have an ODC-420... do think the "Cabela's battery" would be too big?
[signature]
[quote flygoddess]Thanks Tl. Absolutely...that is what these batteries are made for[Wink]
Night fishing with the light might drain them but as mentioned I have go a week on one. They will fit in a side bag easy enough.

Now then, what is so special about a Humminbird 565?

Just asking.[/quote]

Dear Ms. Goddess (golly that's fun to say! [blush]). Thanks for your input. How would you compare the SIZE of the "Cabela's battery" to a smaller one... big enough to power a 565 for, say, 1/2 - day? (Don't fish out of the tube at night, so backlight isn't needed.)

Special about a 565? Nothing special... but I got a good (eBay) deal on a 565 2-3 years ago. I used it on the resort/rental boat when I went on vacation... and now on my own (little - 14') boat. Then I found out that Tubedude uses a 565 on his tube!!

So, I'm in the process of preparing a "plug-in" set-up on my tube so that I can just transfer the 565 between the boat/tube. Nothing "special" about it... [Wink]
[signature]
I am not familiar with the fish finder and thought there might be something new that required more juice or something. Like color or GPS. Special[Wink]

I guess I could have looked up the specs.

But these batteries are 2 1/2" thick by 3 1/2" high and 6" long. The size of a couple medium fly boxes. I think they are small and packable. Fit in the end of my H3 pocket easy enough and out of the way.

I am sure there are smaller ones, like I have mentioned, for alarm systems.
Just this was a good price with the trickle charger included, I thought.
[signature]
[quote flygoddess]
Just this was a good price with the trickle charger included, I thought.[/quote]

[#0000ff]Yes very good price.[/#0000ff][cool]
[signature]
[quote ydoc]TubeDude,

Would that little 8A/12v battery that Goddess mentioned run our 565 Humminbirds?

And if so, for how long?

Thanks!

Bob[/quote]

[cool][#0000ff]Those Cabelas batteries have been the mainstay of using sonar on float tubes for many years. The 7 and 8 amp batteries hold up for a lot of hours on the pond. Only recently have some of us found the smaller 4 amp batteries. They are a little more than half the size of the 8 amp, but hold up fine for a full day of fishing with my 565.[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]If you have room for ANY battery, the 8 amp will fit fine. And, if you only buy one battery (I have several) it is better to have one larger one. It may be just a bit heavier than a smaller one, but if you go on a two or three day trip the 8 amp will hold up without charging if you are not near an electrical outlet.[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]BUT...these SLA batteries should not be totally drained before recharging. They are not "deep cycle" batteries. They are not designed to be run completely to failure and then recharged. That will shorten their life a lot. Better to top them off before you go out and then recharge them as soon as you return.[/#0000ff]
[signature]