Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ice Fishing in Canada/USA?
Hello,
I hope, I’m here right!?!
I’m Jon from Switzerland. I’m a teacher and a passionate fisherman. I organize fishing group travels for my friends and me throughout the world and I also write stories for a fishing magazine.
www.trueschenfischen.ch
Unfortunately it’s very hard to find offers of lodges in Canada where you can go ice fishing nearby.
I’m looking for the following:
An accommodation that is not too far from any civilization, that means one that is easy to reach since one week of fishing is short enough anyway and you don’t want to waste any time for arrival and departure.
Of course there should be an experienced guide on the spot for the first one or two days and the chances of catching some good fish should be above-average since the expectations will be very high when taking on such a long trip.
The target fish in Winter would be mostly lake trouts and burbots.
The season of travelling covers Christmas to the end of April (if there’s still ice then?).
Does all of this hold true for you?
Thank you very much!
Best regards
Jon
[signature]
Being an experienced angler, you above any one else knows that no one can guarantee you will catch fish. This can be said for the best fishing waters in the world. Fish do get loc jaw due to lunar cycles weather conditions.

planning a trip, timing will be the most important part of the trip if you want a for sure catch. Then you have to deal with the fickle finger of fate, Will the weather prevailing weather pattern provide you with the right conditions to turn on a major bite. and finally, when ice fishing, some times the bite can come on in the middle of the night so you have to be ready to go out at unusual hours of the day or night.

cant tell you the number of times I have seen fishing just down right ecstatic one day and then the next day nothing, not even a rockbass.

The last thing I want to see any one do is go fishing anywhere with 'Expectations" that is just unrealistic in fishing or hunting. Any one with Expectations should consider hunting or fishing on a private stock ranch.

I am not trying to discourage any one from going, I just want to make sure that every one has had a reality check prior to going on any fishing trip. I have seen to many broken hearts from people who have gotten discouraged and turned off from fishing because they had come home empty handed.

I cant recommend anyone, but for what you are looking for, I can suggest you refine your search to the Great state of Utah, Montana, or in canada lower Susquatuwa "sorry spelling"
[signature]
I've sent you a PM with some information. Bear in mind, that the post before mine has some wise words, there are no absolute guarantees that you'll catch fish, there are too many variables, if there was a "sure thing" it'd be called "Fish Catching" and not "Fishing".
[signature]
Hy,
thank you for all your answers.
I know, that no one can guarantee you will catch fish, but there are better lakes and not so good lakes. In my country it is so. I know, where I can catch fish and where it is more difficult. But of course it isn't always like that.
Thanks Jon
[signature]
there are those kind of lakes everywhere for sure,

you can bet any one in the guide business would not last long if they took you to a mud hole with no fish. they live and die by what their guest take home with them, especially the stories...

any one with any credibility you will be able to check out in the nearest towns chamber hall to see if the have a guide license..
[signature]