Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
South Carolina Weekly Shallow Saltwater Report
South Carolina Weekly Shallow Saltwater Fishing Report<br>Week of 09-30-01 through 10-06-01<br><br>Only a couple of trips this week and they were nothing to brag about. Once again we had wind to contend with. I know it’s hard to blame every bad trip on the wind because we have some poor trips even when the wind is not a factor. But, it’s the only thing handy to blame it on. We had clear water, good tides, fresh live bait, and willing anglers, we just couldn’t seem to find the fish. We had one pretty good day when we caught a couple of big fish, one at 10.5# and another at 11# and two other small/medium fish and a flounder. It took all day looking and fishing, and then we caught all the fish in about an hour, just before we had to quit the trip because of darkness! The next trip started OK with one 4# red soon after we started. Then not another bite for the remainder of the trip. It’s enough to make a guide cry! I mean really cry – as in falling down kicking and squealing and blubbering like a baby!! Here we are in what we tell clients is our “prime time” of the year, and we can only produce one fish for the day. Oh well, I’ll dry my eyes and blow my nose and hope to do better next week Maybe I’ll be over the crying by then and be able to give you a real fishing report.<br><br>Thanks, Gene Dickson <br><br>Delta Guide Service http://www.deltaguideservice.com<br>Georgetown, SC<br>1-843-546-3645<br> <br>PLEASE NOTE OUR NEW E-MAIL ADDRESS: Delta-Guide-Service@sc.rr.com <br><br>We are a saltwater fishing guide service located on the coast of South Carolina.