Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Dam catfish
We've got a mid-sized dam in my town that produces large catfish and carp, but I was wondering would have better luck above or below the dam?[fishin]
[signature]
I live in central Missouri. One of my fishing hot spots is the Lake of the Ozarks/ Osage river. Bagnell Dam on the Osage creates the lake. I have fished both with great luck on cats over the years but my finding is that the best cat fishing has been done on the river below the dam. I like to throw out some chicken livers and a good ole home made stink bait. I boat fish mostly but for the cats bank fishing is usually best and night is preferable over day. Hope this helps you catch some biguns. Dave [Image: happy.gif]
[signature]
i live in star idaho and we have a mid sized dam on the snake river, from experience the real big cats are below the dam. This is because they are bottom feeders and most dams kill alot of fish letting water out. The dead fish go to the bottom and the cats get lots of food and get big!!!! oh yea!!!!!!!! nothing like hooking into a big cat!!! Good luck and happy fishing[fishin]
[signature]
I'm not sure if the spillway the I fish off of at Bundick Lake has any resemblance to the dam you are talking about, but I ALWAYS have good luck about 30 feet down from the end of the spillway. Maybe I just haven't had any luck up top, lol, but I definately believe you would have more luck at the bottom.
[signature]