Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
berkley jointed blade dancers
found a whole bunch in the sportsman's warehouse clearance bin i know that probably means people were not buying them cause they didn't like them but they looked interesting so i bought a couple to try out! have any of you used them? how were they?
[signature]
I haven't used the Berkley brand but I've used Chatterbaits which are very similar. You can cover alot of water, they are virtually weedless and they create alot of vibration. I think of them as a low profile spinnerbait. I really haven't had that much success throwing them for smallmouth but the largemouth tear 'em up. My friends brother who spent the day cat fishing while we were bass fishing, decided to try one while we were down in Texas, we had been throwing them for a couple hours and were landing 2-3 lbers every now and then. On his third cast he landed a 8.1 lb largemouth and rubbed it in our faces...I'm going to get my revenge next month hahaha!
Anywho, the blade dancers didn't really get the attention they deserve but there are so many different and 'new' baits that come out every year that some just get thrown in the bargain bin. In my opinion I think they are a great bait and if you can save some money at the same time it's a bonus. The Firetiger and perch patterns work well for tiger muskies and pike as well.
The cat in your avatar looks like Utah Lake, if you like to fish out there try those blade dancers next to the reeds in and outside of the marinas. Work the same group of reeds several times over. The visibility is low but the bass will chime in on the vibrations but sometimes it takes a couple times to get them out of the reeds.
[signature]
hey thanks! they looked like they would probably work so i got some and its funny you mention utah lake cause that is exactly what i bought them for t thought that extra vibration would help out alot i live about 2 miles from the provo harbor and have never hit it really hard for largemouth so im going to try and figure it out this year since i bought myself a fishing boat!
[signature]