Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
my first tube trip
[cool] took my newly purchased caddis nevada tube out today got to utah lake american fork boat harbor about 1200 pm with the intent of fishing the south dike which i never could ( boat club property ) picked a good day to do so there was a slight breeze blowing west to east just kicked myself to the harbor mounth and about 30 feet out and the wind just slooowly moved me down the lenght of the dike took 2 hours to move about 200 yards casted a tandem bladed spinner bait to shore ended up with 3 LMB largest 18" and a 14" channel cat great first trip ( except for a wicked sun burn on top of my legs ) found getting in and out was a snap even found a couple of tackle boxes i had laying around that fit in the pockets holding all the lures and then some i wanted to take and still had room for a water bottle used my old voit duck feet fins pushed the tube fine with no leg fatigue as of yet we'll see how my legs feel tomorrow well enough said for now except good fishing to all !!!!

chris

oh i more thing IIIII LIKE IT
[signature]
When people ask me what it is like to fish out of a float tube, I tell them: "Imagine fishing in a semi reclined Lazy Boy, and you got float tube fishing." Good to hear you had some success at AF!

Welcome to the Float Tubing club!

See you on the water!

ES
[signature]
[cool]Well...there goes the neighborhood.

Once we get you eddumacated on the finer points of this perverse pursuit of piscatorial prey, you gonna have some real enjoys.

I always get a large charge out of watching the new recruits discover that there is so much more to flotation fishing than just airing up their craft and waving a fishing rod around. And, there is one almost universal reaction, once someone has survived a couple of trips. That is that this way of fishing will make you both a better fisherman and a fisherman that has a greater appreciation for the time spent fishing.

When you become one with the fishies you are pursuing, you gain a whole different perspective on the sport and a greater understanding of both the fish and their environment. Not only that, but it is good passive exercise...unless you get caught in a big windstorm. The first time you have to power your way back to your car against three foot waves you will swear you will never go tubin' again...until the next time.
[signature]