Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Juneau Charter question
First post here...

I plan on being in Juneau in late June to early July and would like to get in some fishing.

I am looking for a good charter that does tag-alongs or mixed groups. It is just me (the family wouldn't want to go). All the searches I have done lead to sites with a group of 4 minimum but no mention of mixed groups. (I've emailed a couple directly with this question - waiting to hear back)

I am not interested in a big charter with a ton of people...

I would be interested in salmon and/or halibut.

I've done plenty of fishing in Minnesota and Canada and the biggest water I have been on is Mille Lacs (in 5 foot rollers in a 17' boat...)

So - any recommendations?

Thanks in advance,
Bill
[signature]
Hello,

I operate a live-a-board charter out of Juneau on an 85' motor yacht, we specialize in week long charters. Obviously this is not what you are looking for... there are a number of day boats in Juneau. I would call LFrancis and Linda Kadrlik at Alaska Charter Boats at: (907) 523-0897 and tell them Chris Dutton of the Catita II sent you.

They used to book tons of day charters so they know to hook you up with.

Hope this helps, and maybe a longer trip is in your future. [Wink]
[signature]
CaptChris - thanks for the lead/referral.
A longer trip would be ideal (maybe someday...) but when you are visiting family in Douglas and bringing your wife and two young kids, you have to settle for little excursions.

Thanks again,
Bill
[signature]
I do hope you find a great trip during your stay in Douglas.

Speaking of family, you would be amazed at how many trips we do that this is their compromise! The husband want to go on a "guys fishing trip at a lodge and fish all day and night" and the wife wants to "enjoy Alaska with the kids, and get a chance to relax"... sound familiar?

What we offer is the best of both worlds. With limits we are usually done fishing with tons of time in the day left to enjoy waterfalls, go bear watching, enjoy an afternoon in the hot springs, etc. But we got to do all the fishing possible. And it usually turns out that we are peeling the wife off the rail because she is having so much fun!

Anyways good luck around Juneau.
[signature]