Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Catch and Release, or Catch and Keep
Just curious to see what most of us do here. Do you take home your limit of trout/salmon? Or do you just catch and release?[fishin]
[signature]
depends on if im craving a good piece of fish and i mean soon if im not planning on eating fish with in 24 hours of hooking up with one it goes back. steelhead and salmon for me there is no reason to keep my limit but i usually always keep at least one a trip.
[signature]
Unless my kids want some for dinner its back they go.
[signature]
I usually keep one trout a year take it home eat it and it reminds me of how much i really don't like trout. Then its catch and release the rest of the year. More fun to catch then they are to eat.
[signature]
I never keep any trout or salmon, mostly because I don't like the way they taste. Love to catch them though!
[signature]
I'm generally a catch and release guy as well. Unless they've completely swallowed the hook and are bleeding pretty badly, and most likely wont survive, then I'll take them home. My fish and game club doesn't allow catch and release for that reason. So I keep those. But if I'm in the mood to have some fillets for dinner or my family is I'll keep a few. They have to be decent size though. When I do I like cooking them over an open fire.
[signature]