Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pfleuger Purist
I found a great deal on a couple of pfleuger purist rods. I was thinking of getting one for my 7 year old daughter. Any thoughts on this? Never used a pflueger before and thought that this might be a good rod to start her out with.
[signature]
a few summers ago on a whim my son in law and I decided to do some fly fishing on a local stream near their house in TN... I am not sure if they are purists or not but they are great combos and are more than enough for stream fishing.. if I remember right each combo was about 60.00... well worth the money for the fishing we do there in the summer...

MacFly [cool]
[signature]
[left][font "Comic Sans MS"][#008000]The price is right but think that a 8½' rod might be a bit long for a 7 yr old. What kind of fish had you planned on targeting? If its pan fish then you might want to consider a shorter rod in a 3 wt. Would be less tiring for a person of that age to handle.[/#008000][/font]
[signature]
Usually we target trout with the fly rods in float tubes. One the rods is 8' the other 9'. So I am trying to get feelers for what I should get.
[signature]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][#008000]In that case I would go with the longer rod since she will be sitting quite low in the tube. While I have a Super Fat Cat which permits one to sit rather high, I still perfer a use 9' rod. I admire you for wanting to take your daughter fly fishing in a tube. We need more parents like you that are willing to do fun things together with their family.[/#008000][/font]
[signature]
My son is 9 years old and he has a 9' Scientific Anglers that I gave him and he is still getting the hang of using that rod. He can get out in a tube and move all over the place, so now I am looking at the little girl who wants to do the same as her brother.
[signature]