Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
new orleans, venice, shoreline

hey all.
Im heading to new orleans for a conference the first week of march and will probably stay a extra few days to week, depending on how good the fishing is. Im having a hard time finding any fishing information in the new orleans area other than for charters. Yea, Ill probably do one or two charters, probably for tuna, but want to fish a few times from the shoreline too. There has to be snappers, tarpon, snook, redfish, etc.

So if I drive out to venice, there appears to be lots of water and Im guessing fishing access near the road? Are there lots of bridges to fish? What kind of line should I be fishing, 10, 20, 30? Is there anything closer to new orleans or is the drive worth while?

thanks
[signature]
Yeah buddy! 35-45 degrees in Southwest Louisiana is ridiculous. I'm ready for the hot summer heat and sitting on a boat at Toledo Bend for 10 hours pullin em out of the water!
[signature]
I'm sorry. I wasn't paying attention and typed the wrong post in the wrong tab lol. I'm not sure about the fishing around the New Orleans and Slidell area, but if you want to take a drive to Holly Beach in the gulf, it is pretty good fishing. It's not a bad drive from New Orleans. 2-3 hours from DeRidder, which is North of Lake Charles. Great fishing.
[signature]