Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Something new this year?
I want to know if there is someone who wants to do something completely new this year. For example a different bait (s)he tries, different technique or tactics? Or new waters (s)he is going to try or hiring a guide, different equipment. Or the renaissance of an old technique (s)he is going to use?
I will try to use natural baits this year more often this year and not exclusively artificial baits.
[signature]
I'm going to try and catch more fish this year lol.
[signature]
I've never used a lot of plastic worms for bass fishing. So I'm going to play around with them this year and figure them out.
[signature]
wow! That's rather impressive![shocked]
Looks like Nort America is rather conservative. There is just one fisherman - beside me who asked the question - who is going to try something new this year.
I'm rather surprised about that.
Or is it so, that your methods are so brand new that you are afraid talking about it? [cool]
[signature]
[ul][/ul][/ul][li][/li][/li]You will not the only one that will be trying something completely new this year. During my travels conducting fishing seminars at major tournament trail events and boating/fishing expose I came across a product typically used for saltwater species. At the Houston boat show an outfit asked if I would test tank a lure for them. They makers usually work this crank with a steady retrieve but I insisted on varying the retrieve and experimenting with different options. The bass in the tank did follow it on a steady retrieve but they absolutely hammered it when I used a stop and go retrieve, crashed it into cover, or just let the lure fall on a semi slack line.
I will be field testing this lure on both small and largemouth bass as well as on walleye, saugeye, and muskie this spring in southwestern and central Ohio. I will be documenting the field tests on film and video and submitting them to the manufacturer before I start marketing them.
Freshwater Fish have not seen these lures yet and they come in 5 sizes and 12 colors, but I fully expect our toothy critters will be tearing them up. Unfortunately, I will not divulge the name of these baits until as late April or early May. After that I will clue everybody in.
Sorry but this is what I do for a living.
Tight lines
[signature]