Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Lake trout ?
What is a good setup to use in boat for lake fishing such as what size rod and reel and line to use ? thanks
Dodger
[signature]
I'd go with 8-10 pound test. With a medium-Fast action rod.
[signature]
i use a 7ft light-medium action with 6 to 8lb test on all are lakes around here covers pretty much every species except lake trout but i dont fish for lakers very much
[signature]
Wow ....you are going to have to be a little more specific .....I troll for Lakers and Salmon in the Great Lakes , Fingerlakes of New York, Round Valley Reservoir New Jersey and some inland lakes of Pennsylvania .....On the riggers I use 25# Berkley Big Game clear because there is always a chance of banging a huge Laker or Salmon and also because I use Dreamweaver Spin Doctors , anything lighter and you get line twist out the wazoo. On the Dipsys I use 7 strand SS wire from AFW for my deep dipsys and for my high dipsys I use 30# Power Pro . In the fall when I use MeatRigs I will go as light as 18# Gamma because I don't use a flasher then . On the Leadcore rigs I run 18# Cabelas Core , dirt cheap and great quality $14.99 for 200 yards , you can make 2 setups of 10 colors each . I hope this didn't confuse you ....Mark ....You can PM me ...I catch around 40 Lakers a week...
[signature]
[quote Dodger78]What is a good setup to use in boat for lake fishing such as what size rod and reel and line to use ? thanks
Dodger[/quote]

you might want to ping Old_Coot or TarponJim on the UT boards for some info.... by far two of the best laker fisherman i have ever heard of!

the ID guys like Chrome Junky and stuff, i have never had the fortune to meet (yet) are also a wealth of info! and lets not forget the WY guys, Fishley comes to mind... take a look around using the search feature for Lake Trout, or Flamming Gorge, or FG.
[signature]