Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Potters Ponds info?
Does anyone know anything about this area? It is in the Manti-LaSal Forest above Ephraim. How is the fishing? Is there water in the ponds this year? How big are they? How is the road? Etc. Thanks for any help or info you can provide.
[signature]
Shelby Potters ponds is a very nice area to camp and fish.They sit in the pines at about 9000'.they are stocked regularly and should have plenty of water(I've never seen them low in 35 yrs)If planter rainbows are'nt your choice,there is alot of good fishing near by also.1-left hand fork of huntington river(wild cutthroat,walk-in only)2-huntington lake(tiger trout)3-Seely creek(runs into joes valley ,about 10 miles from potters,has very good cutthroat fishing if you hike into upper stretches.4-lowery water runs next to but not into potters,if you follow the road along this stream to upper joes valley it has some great wild fish areas.5-millers flat resevor great fishery for kids6-If you take the road to skyline from potters pond and turn left there are a couple of lakes along skyline drive.As for the road to potters it is passable by car at most times(the road is a well maintained gravel road which stays pretty good even in wet weather.The campground has afew great sights all in the shade of pines and good toilet facilities.If the campsights are taken there are many spots Free of charge to camp near the lakes.Potters is probably one of the nicest camping(if not the best)in the state.If you want more info or more specific directions send me a pm I'd be happy to help. Good Luck Lonnie
[signature]