Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mantua again, 7-23
Hi again,

Went to Mantua early yesterday with my partner and fished from float tubes again for bass. Used unscented plastics on a 1/32 oz. jig! Caught lots of 10-12in. bass, bluegill and a perch. Quit at noon. Didn't see our monster rattler this time so the dogs just had a good swim. I still worry about them running ito one but I guess that's just part of the risk we take to allow our dogs to enjoy life.

[crazy]Leaky
Where is Mantua anyway?
[signature]
I'm dying to get out there but I don't have waders yet. Can you give me some advice on what plastics work and what part of the lake your catching them in?

Thanks,

Al
[signature]
hustler,

See my pm.

Leaky
Head up 89 through Brigham City. You will see the signs just on the other side of the pass.
[signature]
Ok, thanks! I've seen it then. In the pass on the way to logan, right?
[signature]
Yes
[signature]
hey hustler

just show up there and use sometihng on a hook. im not kidding either. any plastic with a curly tail works just fine. just make sure you bounce it just above the weeds and sludge on bottom.

oh and it has swimmers itch so dont touch the weeds. or as little as possible that is.
[signature]
Thanks for the advice XMAN.

Can it be fished effectively from shore, Is thier much access? I would like to float the lake but don't have waders yet so the shore would be my only option at this point.

Thanks,

Al
[signature]
shore fishing is not really a option there. i wouldnt wade the lake either it is closed to swimming and has swimmers itch so i wouldnt recommend that.
[signature]