Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Utah Bass Federation Presidents Message
[font "Calibri"]Presidents Message:[/font]
[font "Calibri"][/font]
[font "Calibri"]If you are one of the many anglers who have fell off the UBF wagon over the past few years this is the year to get back on. Utah will host the 2011 Southwest Divisional next spring. The opportunity to fish the divisional on your home water doesn’t come around very often. Please take a few minutes and read this document to see what you might miss. [/font]

[font "Calibri"][/font]
[font "Calibri"]I’m really excited for the upcoming season to begin. As most of you know the UBF has a new administration. We would like to thank the prior presidency and staff for all their hard work. We have several new things planned for this season. I would like to recap some new sponsor programs and share some benefits of being a UBF member.[/font]

[font "Calibri"][/font]
[font "Calibri"]Johnson Outdoors [Humminbird/Minn Kota] and Okuma Fishing really stepped up this season and helped us out. We were able to obtain approximately five thousand dollars worth of product from these three sponsors alone. Sponsorship obligations dictate some will be given to the 2010 Utah State Team and the UBF Youth Program, but the vast majority will be raffled at the spring qualifier. This includes; trolling motors, life jackets, oil, fish-finders, VHF Marine radio, shirts, & hats. Evinrude, Yamaha, Ranger Boats, Quantum, P-Line, Navionics, Toyota, Powell Rods, Razr Rods, and Reaction Strike Lures also provided merchandise and/or VIP certificates for the state team and/or UBF. Ranger Boats and Okuma Fishing provided the state team shirts. I’m telling you folks, we have done alright considering the economy. We’ve done all this without spending a single dime to this point. The state team should be pimpin this season. Of course more things will added as they become available. [/font]

[font "Calibri"][/font]
[font "Calibri"]However, there are even more programs available to all UBF/TBF members. Berkley-Pure Fishing and associated companies [Abu Garcia, Fenwick, Spiderwire, Stren, etc.] have a sponsor program available for every UBF/TBF member. I am not allowed to publish the savings, but your club president was forwarded the information and all orders must be made through him. Keep in mind these prices are for UBF/TBF members ONLY! This program isn’t for friends or relatives, and please don’t let me see this stuff listed on KSL, Ebay, or Craig’s List. If for some reason you are not able to place an order through the club president let me know and we will take care of it.[/font]

[font "Calibri"][/font]
[font "Calibri"]Furthermore, TBF [The Bass Federation] has an online store [/font][url "http://www.thebassfederation.com/"][font "Calibri"]www.thebassfederation.com[/font][/url][font "Calibri"] within this store are more discounts for UBF/TBF members. Retailers such as Cabela’s, Solar Bat sunglasses, and custom Denali Rods among others are listed. Pay particular attention to the Cabela’s Guide Wear rain suit. The cost savings is substantial if you’re in the market for one. You will need your TBF membership number to access the discounted rate. If you can’t get it from your club president let me know and I will look it up.[/font]

[font "Calibri"][/font]
[font "Calibri"]I want to plug one more sponsorship program I feel may be important to qualified anglers. Toyota has a program called Toyota Bucks. This year they have extended the offer to UBF events. If you own a 2007 or newer Toyota truck or SUV you may be qualified for the program. If you make the 2011 state team, just make the team, and fish the divisional Toyota will pay you $500 and the federation $250. If you represent your state at nationals Toyota will pay you $1000 and the money goes up from there. The UBF gets a 50% back on whatever you make. Here is the kicker, you don’t even have to win the event, you only need to be the highest Toyota Bucks finisher to collect the cash. Plus it costs you absolutely nothing to enter this program. I believe Toyota will even give you a shirt and hat just for signing up!! So if you already own or are in the market for a new truck please check out the qualified vehicles on [/font][url "http://www.toyotabucks.com/"][font "Calibri"]www.toyotabucks.com[/font][/url][font "Calibri"]. This is a pretty sweet deal…. [/font]

[font "Calibri"][/font]
[font "Calibri"]The UBF website is still a work in progress. It’s taken a little longer than we anticipated. It will be operational by April 1st. Tournament entries and results will be available online along with club information. The first two qualifiers sponsored by Humminbird and Minn Kota are on April 17th/18th at Bullfrog. The final two qualifiers sponsored by Okuma are on August 28th/29th at Flaming Gorge [permit pending]. Each event is allowed a one day pre-fish. Ticaboo is closed so make your reservations early. Tournament entries are due one week prior. Any entry fee paid the day of registration will incur a $50 late fee and must have a co-angler guarantee. [/font]

[font "Calibri"][/font]
[font "Calibri"]Now onto the good stuff, the UBF revamped just about everything this season and most notably the qualifier format. We will have two weekends or four days of qualifiers. Each day is one event and your lowest finish out of the four events will be dropped. In other words we will take your highest three fishing days and score them accordingly. The physical make up of the state team will remain unchanged for 2011; 6 anglers, 4 guaranteed co-anglers, and the next 2 highest finishing anglers.[/font]

[font "Calibri"][/font]
[font "Calibri"]I want to quickly clarify the angler/co-angler scoring. If you fish even one event as an angler, meaning you used your boat, you will be scored against the anglers [boaters] side for the purposes of making the state team. There will be no exceptions to this rule. This doesn’t mean you can’t fish one as an angler and another as a co-angler, all it means is your overall score will be based on the anglers [boaters] scale. This is not applicable to option pots or added money. If there is any further questions on this let me know.[/font]

[font "Calibri"][/font]
[font "Calibri"]For those of you who own a Ranger boat still under warranty, I have personally spoken with Keith Tripp about this matter. He has assured me Ranger will do everything possible to make any warranty claims as painless as possible. I have his personal cell number if you have any problems getting any warranty work completed.[/font]

[font "Calibri"][/font]
[font "Calibri"]The National Guard has committed to bringing their fancy pontoon boat to the Catch a Cure for Cancer tournament in June. George submitted an article to FLW Magazine and it looks like it will make the TBF section of the magazine. Hopefully, it will make it to print prior to the tournament. We always need help with donations so please help with support. [/font]

[font "Calibri"][/font]
[font "Calibri"]The deeper I get into the UBF business the more appreciation I have for the people who came before me. It’s taken more time and effort than I ever anticipated. The UBF is not an organization that operates without constant interaction. George Sommer and Rick Culver continue to provide good advice and I truly appreciate the direction they have provided.[/font]

[font "Calibri"][/font]
[font "Calibri"]I encourage each one of you to come out and give the UBF one more chance. The presidency is just the caretakers of the UBF. You folks are the stockholders and each and every member owns a slice of the pie. The UBF’s survival will ultimately depend on the support of the stockholders. Do your part and help introduce a new angler or bring back a former member.[/font]

[font "Calibri"][/font]
[font "Calibri"]Sincerely[/font]

[font "Calibri"]Rodney Hurst[/font]
[font "Calibri"]UBF President[/font]
[font "Calibri"]sales@lakextackle.net[/font]
[font "Calibri"] [/font]
[font "Calibri"] [/font]
[font "Calibri"] [/font]
[signature]
Wow, we have a UBF President on our board, that is good info to know.
I have been considering putting on an event called, "Fishing for kids", where local fishermen get involved with kids that might not otherwise have the chance to get out and go fishing. Is this something that your Federation, along with BFT, would consider getting involved in and being a sponsor of?
[signature]
As I said in the message, new administration, new philosphy: = new public perception.

We along with several other organizations do host mutiple events of this nature every season.

On June 26th, the annual Catch A Cure for Cancer tournament will be hosted at Starvation. This is actually two tournaments at once; you can fish the walleye side or the bass side or I suppose you could enter both if you choose. All proceeds are donated the Camp Hobe`. Its a big party [family friendly] with thousands of dollars worth of goods raffled off.

The CAST event is scheduled for August 7th at Rockport I think. CAST stands for Catch a Special Thrill. This is an event where special needs children are taken out fishing for a few hours.

We always need boat capitans for the CAST event and we always need donations for CAC tournament. The public is more than welcome to participate.
[signature]
Just a reminder folks the first Utah Bass Federation state qualifer is aproaching fast. The deadline for registration is April 10th. You don't need a boat or fancy gear. We need co-anglers [non-boaters]. You can fish the event as a guest for $35 per day!! Some of these guys are pretty good sticks. Its a lot cheaper than a guided trip.
[#4040ff]Links to forums are not allowed, please read the rules of the site in the[/#4040ff] [url "http://www.bigfishtackle.com/forum/gforum.cgi?do=faq"]FAQ.
[/url]
[signature]