Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Need some advice on Walleye
Hey everyone. So i found this walleye lake not to far from my house and I was going to try and catch one this year. The only problem is I've never been walleye fishing before so anyone got any advice on what lures to use or anything that has worked for you. Thanks
[signature]
Mister twisters

Mepps marabou

Storm Wild eye bait
[signature]
On bottom is main key that is where walleye spend 80 percent of their life... Slow and variety of retrive let the fish tell you whagt they like. keep records of what work, weather, speed, lure, location ect... good luck and happy hunting
[signature]
thanks guys. One more question what size line should i use for walleye?
[signature]
I love 20lb or 30lb spider wire with 45lb leaders...

1 I hate losing lures so I put trebles on that will bend prior to my line snapping so I can get my lure off a snag.

2. I would be pissed if I lost a monster fish because I put light line on.

Go with braided and use a double polymor knot
[signature]
i use 6 or 8 pound agna thin green.
[signature]
thanks crossineyes someone told me that 6 would be fine for them but I wasn't sure so I thought I would ask.
[signature]
NO SWEAT. [Wink]
[signature]
Tried and true jig and a minnow/worm/leech depending on what is natural to the water.
Another thing to keep in mind is water clarity. If the water is clear use a black, white, or gray jig or any combo of the three. Dark, tea-stained water try your brighter colors. Jig about 1-2 feet off of the bottom and you should have an awesome supper!
[signature]
i fish western lake erie and i use stren 10 lb. green line for wallwye

bottom bouncing walleye rigs with chartruse blades

trolling or drifting works good
[signature]
i like the jig/minnow/leech combo for 10 foot dropoffs in the summer, and trolling craw;er harnesses and plugs any otgher time.the mister twister ribbon tail grubs work nice too.
[signature]
Hey everyone. So i found this walleye lake not to far from my house and I was going to try and catch one this year. The only problem is I've never been walleye fishing before so anyone got any advice on what lures to use or anything that has worked for you.

Free ebooks
Free Themes,
Free Article
[signature]