Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
My money pitt!!!
[size 1]Ok I have had enough!!![mad] My boat has not seen water in 2 yrs!!! and it is one little problem that is holding it back now!!! I have a merc 1150 (115 hp) outboard. the problem is one of the hydrolic lines for the tilt is broken. I have priced to get it fixed and I have be quoted as much as $185 to fix it. Does anyone have any suggestions on how I could still use it, or any ideas of a good hydrolic hose place, I tried EVCO, but they were the most expensive!!! [/size]
[signature]
GOT A HI-LOW REPAIR SHOP IN THE PHONEBOOK ? HOW ABOUT A SEMI-TRUCK REPAIR SHOP ?

CHECK WITH AN AUTO PARTS SHOP , , IF IT'S JUST THE HOSE THAT NEEDS REPAIR , THESE PEOPLE CAN GET THE JOB DONE A LOT CHEEPER OR MAY KNOW A PLASE THAT WILL SAVE YOU SOME SERIOUS BUCKS .

THAT'S WHAT WE DO AT WORK WHEN WE BLOW A LINE .
[signature]
[#ff0000]GREAT BALLS OF FIRE!!! DON'T WRITE THAT CHECK YET!!![/#ff0000]

[#ff0000]Hey Polo I see you on the Utah boards, maybe I can help you out. I've got a 30 year old Merc 150 HP that I bought from Petty4life. I blew a hydraulic line last week, had to use my son as a counterweight on the cowling to get it out of the water (where's the camera when you need it?) and the Merc dealer wanted $55.00 a hose, just for the part, there are four of them.... OUCH! Well being the cheap sucker that I am I went shopping. There is an auto parts place in Logan, UT called Lindquist Autoparts that will put those little high pressure lines together for you, twice the hose, half the money. If he crimped a 4 foot line to the existing fittings rated about 500 lbs/sq inch it was about 20 bucks. To have it brazed (around 1000 lbs/sq inch pressure rated - guaranteed no leaks) it was $22. To add new fittings it was an additional $5. I went with the $22. Still a little pricey for my budget but way better than the stock for way less. The stock hose was PLASTIC with nylon wrappings and rubber coated. He can put any size of standard hose you want to it. Either a basic hydraulic line or stainless wrapped mega pressure backhoe quality stuff if you like. I wouldn't pay a mechanic, it's an easy fix on your own. Place a BIG rag or bucket under where the fittings connect to the tilt/trim to catch the oil from getting on your driveway. Place another under the pump so it doesn't get all over your boat when you disconnect the other end and pull the hose free from any seals or transom holes. When you put it back together refill the pump reservoir with tilt trim fluid (probably two bottles worth $3 at Wall Mart) and run it up and down a few times then top it off again. It is self purging, no need to bleed the system, and double check for leaks. I'm missing the perch party today as my hoses won't be done until Monday but the rowboat was feeling neglected a bit anyhow.... Might have to run it up to Newton or something. Anyway, let me know if you're interested and we'll see about hooking you up somehow. I'd be happy to help out where I can. I live in northern UT but will be making two trips to Provo this week-could arrange to meet or something if you're in the Wasatch front. Reply here or send me a PM. [/#ff0000]
[signature]
another good one , good deal too ![Wink]
[signature]
ounds like neveronsunday has the answer for you, or sell thething fr a good pontoon boat.
[signature]