Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
fishing lodges in ontario
I am brand new to this type of communication and I do not know whether or not my question is appropriate but here goes. I hope someone can help me. I would like to find out about spending a few days at a fishing lodge in Ontario, Canada. My fishing buddy and I have been fishing the lakes in Butler County, Pennsylvania for the past 25 years. He recently was diagnosed with the big C and since we have talked for years about going to Canada to a fishing lodge this summer is it! We will have to drive and would like to find a place no further than around 4 or 5 hours north of Toronto. We are older and that is as far as we can handle. We would like a place with an American plan so we could have meals, have a boat, bait, etc. I guess that is called an all-inclusive. I am in the dark but I do not want to be in a dump. We would like a 3 night package and would really appreciate a personal recommendation. I want this to be really nice since it will be the one and only time we get to do this. If anyone can give me any help in finding a great place I will be very grateful. Thank you.
R CLair Cox
[signature]
hiya rclaircox and welcome to the site.. you will probably get a better response if your question was posted on the Canada forum ... Ill move it there for you ... good luck [Smile]

MacFly [cool]
[signature]
Welcome to the site Rclaircox, here is a link to our Ontario board:
[url "http://www.bigfishtackle.com/forum/Canada_Fishing_Forum_C12/gforum.cgi?forum=305"]http://www.bigfishtackle.com/forum/Canada_Fishing_Forum_C12/gforum.cgi?forum=305[/url]
I'm sure someone there can answer your question. Good luck with your quest. WH2
[signature]
I suggest Lake of the Woods. It's probably about 5 hours West of Toronto. Try Crow Rock Lodge, out of Kenora. You can Google them for a web address. Great fishing for pike, musky, smallies and walleyes. Good food, nice accommodations, good guides (if you want one), and excellent fishing. Probably the best spot to catch one (or more!) musky, and they have private lakes with loads of smallies. I took 80 on flies in one day.

Good luck
[signature]
PikeFlyGuy

Thank you so much for the advice. It is really appreciated

RClairCox
[signature]