Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
wish me luck
today is the day. I have stard at my 4.5 hp murc in the corner of my garage now for 2 weeks. I bought stuck it in the barrel primed the bulb and come to find out each time a squeeze the bulb gas squirts out of a pin hole on the top part of the carb. called down to lee's and he told me most likley a stuck float. So I am going in after it. have to have it running soon. So i am praying to the fish god that all goes well.
[signature]
well, at least you dident start your BRAND NEW $900 kicker in the gargae the day you got it with out filling it with oil like someone on this forum did [crazy]
[signature]
know comment i havent started mine yet, thats not a good story thou[Wink]
[signature]
ok so I tackled the carb last night. I first took the top of the carb off and out came a small filter, next i unscrewd the two small bolts and that let me take the top off, I could see the float so I removed that. Next I took the carb cleaner to everything. put it all back toghther and prayed before I started to prime the bulb. the bulb primed put it in the barrel and started right up ran great. Im ready for the soft water. lee's came through for me again.
[signature]
Good deal, sounds like you have the same size Merc motor I have, what year do you think it is? Mine is a 1980. WH2
[signature]
wow good guess yes it is a 1980 a bought it with out the guy running it for me but the thing was in great shape. glad it was an easy fix. I have a 16 ft aluiminum boat think its big enough. [Wink] I mostly troll.
[signature]
That is the same size boat that I have mine on, so you should be fine. Of course mine also has a 80 horse main motor and the 4.6 is my kicker. Is the 4.5 your only motor on your boat or just your kicker too?
[signature]