Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Moon Lake?
How far is Moon from Layton? Is going past Strawberry the quickest way there? How's the Fishing?? Any info would be great, Thanks?
[signature]
Duane, the guy that lives caddie corner from me with the SeaRay CC fished it 3 weeks ago and got one Splake. It was the new state C/R record.....if he didn't eat it.
[signature]
Man, didnt he realize it??? Is there any decent bank fishing up there?
[signature]
Just got back from moon lake yesterday. We were mostly there so the kids could play in the water but we picked up a few from the bank with crawler and marshmellow. I live in ogden and it is 2 hours and 50 minutes if you don't stop. Go to Duchesne and then take a left in the middle of
[signature]
sorry I didn't quite finish. Turn left in the middle of Duchesne and head to Mtn Home. You will have to take another left before Altamont and then just follow the signs. The Lake Fork river is great fishing but I didn't have time to stop this time around.
[signature]
Yes, you want to go past Strawberry.
[signature]
Thanks for the info Marty! Are there any size to the fish up there?

Thanks Kent, thought that was the quickest, but wasnt sure.
[signature]
I will probably be headed out there monday. I am out at my parents house in the uintah basin and fished up there a lot when I was younger. If you need any more directions let me know and I can give you detailed directions. If you are out there monday maybe I will see ya there,

Jed Burton
[signature]
Through gill netting surveys I read an article about a 10 lb splake in Moon Lake!!! I like moon lake because it is lottery on what you will catch, there are brookies, browns, rainbows, kokes, grayling, splake and a few macks!!! But i have never seen or caught a mack out of there!!! To get there, get to Duchesne, there will be a sign right in the middle of town that points you to Moon Lake specifically!!! the signs from there will lead you on your way!!!
[signature]