Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hello from Texas
My user name is a my name and I live in Goliad, Texas. I've been fishing Coleto Creek Res. and Choke Canyon Res. pretty regular for the past 20 years. I also fish along the bays on the Texas Gulf Coast. I don't confine my fishing to any one particular style or kind of fish. I believe in catch and release but I also practice catch and eat. I like to fish and I like to eat fish. On any one day you might find me on the lake with three or four rigged bass rods, three kinds of punch bait, a bucket of shiners, and a couple of trot lines. I thoroughly enjoy nearly every aspect of fishing. I have three sons, fishermen and gentlemen all, who have shared my outdoor pursuits and who will carry on the tradition of love of hunting, fishing and the outdoor life. I am blessed with good health, the time and means to enjoy the outdoors, a wonderful family and a fantastic wife who makes the best seafood gumbo I have ever tasted.

Looking forward to making my way around here.

Alan
[signature]
[center][Image: happy.gif][font "Comic Sans MS"][#008000]Hi Alan and welcome to the BFT forum. To get you started here is a link to the[/#008000][/font]
[center][url "http://www.bigfishtackle.com/cgi-bin/gforum/gforum.cgi?category=54"]Texas_forum[/url]
[signature]
hiya Alan and welcome to our site.. I am sure you will enjoy your stay here... in case you have not found it here is a link to the [url "http://www.bigfishtackle.com/forum/gforum.cgi?category=70"]Freshwater Forum[/url] that you may find to your likeing...

MacFly
[signature]
Welcome to the site Alan, sounds like you share the passion for fishing that we all do, here at BFT. Please let us know if you have any questions about the site. WH2
[signature]
Welcome Alan, Glad you enjoy the sport. Looking forward to new posts on you adventures.
Thanks for the welcome guys. I'm going to try to put the boat in the water tomorrow afternoon and Thursday. The weather is supposed to be rainy tomorrow but the sun will be out again on Thursday. I'll probably go out and put out a few trot lines in the evening and fish for bass till dark, run/rebait the lines and then run/rebait first thing in the morning. After a morning of bass or crappie fishing (depending on what I find) I'll run the lines once more before I head in. I always pick my lines up and never leave them out for more time than I am fishing.

Alan
[signature]