Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
middle provo again
Got to travel up to middle provo again a couple of days ago...

Weather was perfect. I got there around 11:00 am and started nymphing. No luck. Around noon a midge hatch got really strong and I could see a few fish rising. Nothing fast, just some occasional takers. I took my time and got my dry fly outfit ready to go. I started with a black spent midge. Just a couple of refusals.....so I changed to a black emerger size 20 and Bingo....started to catching some fish. I ended up touching 14 and missing a few more and saw a few refusals. All fish were browns and ranged between 11 and 16 inches...all were relaeased.
I think I would have done better if I would have had with me a grey emerger. That seemed to be the color of what was on the water.
Before I Ieft there were some buffalo midges coming out and they looked to be around a size 18.
But some of the browns were so pretty with the round red dots and a halo around the red dot. Just beautiful and in good shape...

If you get a chance....make sure you have emergers in a couple of olive, dark tan , grey and black. One of them should produce fish ....
[signature]
Thanks for the great report. Gonna try to hit there this week, but never know what is going to pop up.
The bugs should be getting a little bigger.
[signature]