Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ready for the First Day
With the first day comming up next week I was just wondering if anyone has found the honey hole yet for the opener? [fishin]
[signature]
where are you fishing at and what opener are you talking about?
[signature]
The first day of trout season opens in the sothern teir counties on the 3rd
[signature]
ok. im sure someone on here knows where your talking about but you might have better luck on your state board not that i dont want you to post on the trout and salmon board i just think you would have better results on your state board.
[signature]
My bad for some reason I thought I was in the Pennsylvania forum
[signature]
Yep I know what you meant.

Yeah we went out opening day, crowds were bad in spots, but we found a deep pool with only one other guy there. we NAILED trout. EVERY cast, and not one fish under 12"! our biggest was 21" 4lb Rainbow. I went with three other guys, we limited out within the hour, 15 fish in all. plus I had to throw back 3 good ones because we were over the limit.

What county are you in by the way?

I am up in the Lehigh Valley
[signature]
I am also in the Lehigh Valley There where 5 of us out on the first day I was the only one to catch anything and it was not anything to brag about however, the following few days Monday I got 9 in an hour then on tuesday I got 8 but since it has been a little show.
[signature]
Where abouts in the LV? We were up in the Coplay Creek in Egypt. But I have found a GREAT spot down on the game preserve creek
[signature]
I was down at Wher Mill the first day and I was at the game perserve creek on Thursday. I had a blast down there I was the only one at the creek for about 4 hrs. only down side was that i came face to face with a black bear.
[signature]
40 trout in 3 hours at trexler game perserve not to bad of a day nothing under 10 inches.[Wink]
[signature]