Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Beiginner Bass Fishing Question
Hey Guys!
This is my first post, thank you for any answers!
I was just wondering, because i couldnt find an answer on google...
What time do Large Mouth Bass in Louisiana (Around Shreveport) start biting? and when do they quit biting?
Lets just say on a fair day...
I will be more than happy to review all begginer information to advanced information
Thanks!
Kyle
[signature]
Most largemouth are caught throughout the day. Although the best times to catch Large Mouth Bass are from just before dawn until about a hour after the sun has risen, and about a hour before sunset until it is completely dark.

Bass are in their pre-spawn period right now and the females are looking for areas to make their nests. The females will be the largest you catch during spring spawn next month.

The bass from present until around may 15 will be up in very shallow water, 2 foot to 6 foot near the bank over rocks, gravel and weedy areas.

Almost any large bait that threatens the female will get you a strike although you might have to present the lure right in her face several times to entice the bite.

Next month after the fry have hatched the Male Bass will stay and protect them and will be very aggressive and attack almost any lure you present that gets near the fry.

Good luck.
[signature]
Welcome to BFT. bytebull said it all. I have come across some info that says the biggest fish are caught around 10am-12. But I know I always get on the water before daylite to get that hot morning bite. Good time of year to work a jig.
[signature]
Another little trick is to rig up a Salamander and pitch it into or right at the edge of the nest. Be sure to stand back and watch the male take it. You'll see him grab it and swim away from the nest and this is when you set the hook and you have him. Don't let him take it to far away from the nest however, because hes more likely to drop it and you miss setting the hook. Its not a hunger fed strike as normal its a "get out of my nest" strike, so usually they don't keep hold of it after they have it away from the nest.

Happy spawn fishing! [fishin]
[signature]