Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
St. Croix Rods
Any opinions regarding St. Croix rods........any suggestions?
[signature]
I bought one of their lower end models and it's served me well. I bought it in part due to the warrenty I thought was for life. Tomc had an issue with them when he couldn't get a free replacement when his borke. This is why I buy mostly Shimano.
[signature]
made in china!!!
[signature]
China? Really? You sure?

Mine all say "Made in USA" on them.

The higher end rods are made in Park Falls, Wisconsin.
Some of the less expensive rods are made in Fresnillo, Mexico. You can read all about it if you'd like:

http://www.stcroixrods.com/content/craftmanship

To answer the question about St. Croix Rods that bwel28 posted, I'll offer my 2 cents.

I have 7 of them.

3 Avid series casting rods from 6'6 - 7'0, one Avid spinning rod at 6'9" that I use for drop shot, one Legend Extreme @ 7', 1 Legend Tournament Bass @ 7', and a Legend Tournament musky rod @ 7'6".

I have nothing but good things to say about the quality, weight, sensitivity, and durability of these rods. I love every one of them, and will continue to buy more. I've also purchased a few as gifts for family members.
[signature]
I have a piece Triumph, St. Croix has a 'Made in China' sticker on it, I just bought it last fall.
[signature]
i had a bad esperience a few years back broke 3 in on seoson.when i returned them they said they had a bad batch of blanks...that were made in china..i believed them who knows
[signature]
Interesting stuff.
I don't have any experience with the Triumph line.
Attached are a couple of pictures. One of an Avid, the other a Legend Tournament. Made in USA.
[signature]