Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Water Temps?
Is anyone aware of a website that provides water temps for the various waters in Idaho? I would like to know the temps on the Snake below AF reservoir. I noticed it was still a bit frozen with open water on Saturday, but wanted to know how that was affecting the water temps downstream...
[signature]
here's a link that I use at times. Unfortunately not all of them have temp. Just click on the dot for where you're curious about water data.

http://waterdata.usgs.gov/id/nwis/rt
[signature]
Thanks, I use that same link quite often for the water levels, but have only found one with temperature as well. I'm coming to the conclusion that I have to go out and check it myself more than anything.
[signature]
Speaking of water temps... Does anyone know the most accurate/cost effective digital water thermomoter? I don't have a fish finder yet and I fish with my neighbor (Steelfisher) out of his drift boat for bass quite often. I would like to be able to take a water temp reading that is accurate.

Windriver
[signature]
I bought one from sportsmans last fall that is made by vexilar. It's not digital, but you just tie a string to it, drop it overboard and wait 30 seconds. it will tell you temp and also the depth at which the thermometer was at. Think it cost in the $6-10 range.
[signature]
Extreme accuracy is probably not a huge concern. As long as it's accurate within a degree, you're fine. Minn Kota sells a digital model with a probe on a 10 foot lead for about ten bucks. You can get it at Cabela's. They also have one that gives air temps with a longer lead that's on sale right now for the same price. Just search their web site for the term "water temperature".
[signature]
That will work as I will be at Cabelas in Boise next week.

Windriver
[signature]
Why not get a "buddy" fish finder for about 120 bucks and you could clamp it on the drift boat and have both a FF and a temp? My son has the buddy 110 and it is a good unit. Ron
[signature]
That might be the way to go. I had an old fishing buddy. It was a piece of crap. I have heard that the new ones are much better.

Windriver
[signature]
Since Humminbird took them over they are a lot better. Like I said I think my son's FF is a good one.
Ron
[signature]