Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Heavy Duty Rod
Just wanted to say Hi to everyone since I am new to this board. I just have a question in regards to my rod that I am currently building. I am making a Calstar 655XXH, and in the stage where the heavy duty aftco roller guides are on the blank with one coat of epoxy. The problem I have is when I put stress on the rod, it makes this sqeaking sound like the rod or the something is going to break. I just put another coat of epoxy on last night and it still has the same sound, but not as bad as the first. Will the sqeaking sound go away after one or two more coats of epoxy or am I doing something wrong here? Any help will be appreciated. Thanks!<br><br>
i have one underwrap, then I did one over wrap and I put a little epoxy on it then wrapped it again. I wonder if that is what I did wrong by applying a coat of epoxy before the second over wrap? I have a feeling it is slipping too but i would not know how ot resolve it. What do you mean by adressing it? Could it be possible that the epoxy has not been fully cured? Usually when I put the guides on the blank, I will be able to adjust the guides, same goes here, but I don't understand why because I have made many other rods and this is my first heavy duty rod. <br><br>