Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Question on Berkley Gulp Alive minnows
Anyone ever use these things? I've heard from some friends that they are awesome and i should get some. any tips on how to rig them and were to throw them? thanks
[signature]
they work excellent. just rig'em like you do for bass.you can drop shot , texas rigged or just a with a jig head. but they are pretty expensive. but from my experience they work great
[signature]
One of my favorite baits to use. They don't take damage very well but if I'm catching fish with them then I can accept that. By far the best drop shot baits on the market right now.
[signature]
I know this is the bass fishing forum but i must add this in. I am big into bass fishing, but sometimes i do like to fish for walleyes. Take a shad dart jig and put a stinger hook on it, then hook the head with the shad dart and attach the stinger further down the back of the minnow. you now have yourself a walleye catching machine!
[signature]
Thanks guys! I'll definitely try drop shot rig next time I'm out on the water. They are expecive but from what I've been hearing about them it's almost worth the price. I've also heard that if you cut the head off of them you get a better sent dispersion anyone ever try that?
[signature]
The only reason I cut the head off is to make them smaller. Crappie and bluegill love gulp minnows. I would dip the bait into the small bucket they come in to recharge the stank.
[signature]