Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Crappie 3-27-10
I went to Strike for a very long day. We got there and I forgot my fish finder. I felt naked all day.
I took my buddy John on his first float in his new tube. I didn't think he would have much trouble but he did. He had a tough time figuring out how to turn. I guess I have done it so much I didn't think he would have ANY trouble.
I started to drag a chunk of cut bait for a cat (wishful thinking) and a jig on the other. After noon and about a dozen changes I put on a slip bobber and a perch jig. I got a 11" crappie and marked him with the gps. Soon I was getting a hit about every 20 minutes. We had some guys in boats troll through us and about hooked me once. We headed out to another favorite spot on the GPS and soon I had a double but lost them both. Then I landed another. I took home 6 that were 10" to 11". I caught a trout and let it go. I found out from other people that I probably had one of the better days.
Not many crappie were caught, and John was skunked. I had a good time even though I forgot the fish finder. It beat my last trip to strike. That was last winter and it was a strike out! Ron
[signature]
ooh, looks fun. Now I gotta get out and do some catchin of my own. Congrats on a great day!
[signature]
[cool][#0000ff]Someday you can claim to be a full fledged tooner or tuber. There are a list of prerequisite things you have to experience before you are really there. Forgetting vital elements of a trip...rods, bait, waders, fins, boots and or sonar...are all parts of the graduation process. So is losing or breaking any of the aforementioned elements while out fishing.[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]Are you making a checklist?[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]Glad you found a few crappies anyway.[/#0000ff]
[signature]
[Image: happy.gif][Image: happy.gif]
I will have to start that list. Ron
[signature]
Start? I think I have filled the list and am ready for graduation!! I'd put a Smile here[laugh], but a [blush] is probably more the truth.
[signature]