Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Wyoming has imposed $30 fee on out of state boats.
Just a heads up. You have to purchase a $30 sticker if your 'out of state' boat is put Wyoming waters. This is in additional to any reciprocal fees you already pay.

[url "http://gf.state.wy.us/downloads/pdf/AISPressRelease.pdf"]http://gf.state.wy.us/downloads/pdf/AISPressRelease.pdf[/url]

If the above link doesn't open, go to Wyoming Game and Fish main page and search for their mussel initiative.

drop Eric and email and he can explain everything.

[font "Arial"][#0000ff][size 3][font "Arial"][#0000ff][size 3][font "Arial"][#0000ff][size 3][url "mailto:eric.keszler@wgf.state.wy.us"]eric.keszler@wgf.state.wy.us[/url]
[/size][/#0000ff][/font][/size][/#0000ff][/font][/size][/#0000ff][/font][font "Times New Roman"] [/font]

[url "http://gf.state.wy.us/downloads/pdf/AISPressRelease.pdf"][/url]
[signature]
I am not complaining about the fees,

I fail to see how a fee will realy keep the invasive species out. The thing I have noticed that the fee only serves to make sure that anglers understand they are transporting.

I hate to say it, but there are those who would gladly pay the fee yet fail to dump thier loads and wells prior to going from one body of water to another.

Here in michigan were we are face the most devistating of invasive species attacks all the information packets and regulations have failed because it is all left to a voluntary baises.

now even our smallest ponds that have no tributaries or run offs have zebra mussles to say the least of invasive species.

The reason is because boaters refuse to dump and clean their boats before leaving one lake and going to another. In addition to the transporting of live fish in thier live wells this allows the oppertunity of some one saying, well I dont want to kill and clean this fish today so I will throw it in a pond and will catch it later.

If you want a real effective method of making sure the species dosnt get transported, it is to make sue the species dosnt leave the water it is in.

This would mean a manditroy flushing of every boat that can be set up and a flushing fee charged for every boat leaving any body of water. This could also turn in to a profitable venture for state revenues as well.

This would mean having a park attendent posted at every launch, wich means a job for the economy would come from this program. This would also mean that a serious fine would need to be imposed on any boat trying to leave the park with out flushing. Say like 500.oo...

I would like to see every state and near by waters close to the canadian boarder have this program, including a manditory check of live wells in boats crossing state lines. If your going to impose a thirty dollar fee, put it to use in the from of manditory boat stop checks for all boats entering the state.

To put it simply, if it just comes to paying a fee, they will gladly pay the fee and not dump the crap, look our michigan great lakes, ocean liners gladly paid fees but failed to dump and treat thier balast waters and once they reached the great lakes they dumped their alian species in the great lakes.

now in lake huron we are missing millions of tons of game and market fish from our fishery due to zebra mussles, Quada mussles and gobies. All because of the relaxed manditory treatment of ballast prior to a ship entering the great lakes.
[signature]