Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Catfishing with chicken liver
Is it possible to buy chicken liver at a grocery store? Possibly a walmart?
[signature]
they sell chicken liver in almost any supermarket
[signature]
I have seen it at Walmart, Just go back by the counter where are the hunting stuff is, they usually have it in a fridge.
[signature]
thanks. And what is the best way to keep it on the hook because i've heard of it frequently falling off
[signature]
I find chicken gizzards to work better and they stay on great
[signature]
Jhipps- Buy the elastic string and just tie it around the chicken liver. Should stay on. Send me a picture of your catch!
[signature]
chicken liver is a great bait.... but I got you one better...

buy some pork chops and cut them into strips and put some garlic salt in it.... put it in a bag outside for two days...

yummmmy the blues love it I have caught a 28 blue on that... and much to my suprise a Bowfin! ... over 20 pounds ...25inches...it works.

livers and worns bleh... I use pork and hotdogs and catch huge cats..

my last blue cat was on hotdogs and 68lb...

at the river in payeway..
[signature]
You just use the hotdogs right out of the pack or do you do anything to them? Ive always used nightcrawlers when I go catfishing.
[signature]
I just the hotdogs into about 3/4 inch pieces and put them in a ziplock bag then about a table spoon of garlic salt. I leave them out at air temp for the whole day then freeze them. I keep using them and refreezing until I run out, then I make more.

Sometimes they last only one day fishing if they are biting other times one bag might last a few weeks.
[signature]