Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Currently Fishing For a Catfish!
Hey Everyone! This is my first Forum post. I have a poll in at them moments, hoping to get myself a nice catfish. I am using just a night crawler, with some hooks and a light up bobber I got for easter.
[signature]
Welcome to BFT. It must be great to have a fishing pond in your back yard. I trust you live somewhere in California, but not sure because you also replied to a post on the Utah forum.
[signature]
Well, I sorta screwed up. I was looking at the top forum feed and saw Bear Lake, well, in California we have a bear lake, and I didint really look at what I was doing. I do live in California, and it is so so so great to have a lake in the back, I will take a pic of this bass boat we bought recently, really great deal, 500 bucks, trailer, 100 horsepower motor I think. Sold the trailer and Motor, as the lake is electric only.

Anyway, Thanks for the welcome and reply!
[signature]
[quote MrCodyJo]

I will take a pic of this bass boat we bought recently, really great deal, 500 bucks, trailer, 100 horsepower motor I think. Sold the trailer and Motor, as the lake is electric only.

[/quote]

Sounds like you got a steal.
[signature]
I certainly would have to agree![fishin]
[signature]
depends on what you want to catch...

blue cats will love bleeding bait..... catch some blueguill and then cut them in half and put the head on ....

channel chat use live bait .... but they bite worms too...

you dont' want yellow cats or the mud cats they are nasty...

lol...

blues will eat local fare..... you have freshwater clams there? thats your best bet...

we have to be watching out in arkansas some of the clams here are endangered...

but if you can use the local stuff thats what the BIG BLUES will bite.

I use the local fresh water clams if I can find them ... I know which species not to mess with.

other than that I use pork chops... I buy them from the local market when they are out of date and then I put garlic salt on them and let them set out two days in the sun.

I catch 50lb blues on that...
[signature]
Put some hotdogs out in the sun for a while and use em. Catfish luv em.
[signature]