Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
My biggest catch yet!
I was making one of my bucktails. Well long story short, finished the loop to attach the line too, just need to wrap the .051 wire around the shaft. Vice grips holding the loop, channel locks holding the end of the wire, pulling up with the vice grips and down with the channel locks, disaster happens as I bend over to make sure the wraps are one after the other. The channel locks slip and I pull the 6/0 treble right square into my face. Well my best thinking is, going to cost me 100 bucks for the ER, no way, I would much rather spend the 100 on new musky lures. 30 minutes later the 6/0 hook was out with a little help from the wife pushing on my face to pop the hook out. Can't say I wish to experience that 6/0 feeling again. Been making some flies and chatterbaits. Wont be long before the ice is gone.
[signature]
Ouch kabibble!

Man that had to hurt!! I remember getting hooked in the foot, and stuck to the carpet, one year tying flies. That hurt bad enough, I couldn't imagine getting hooked in the face! That sure was nice of your wife to help you get that out. I do agree, its cheaper to just do it at home and spend the money on some much needed lures!

Those sure are some nice looking lures in that last pic!
[signature]
WOW that looked wonderful!! no not really but i can relate lol. Being a tackle manufacturer i have had my fair share of hooks in different parts of my body. Here is some advice for the next time you do something silly like that. Go to the ambulance station in your town. Thats what i do. They don't charge you anything, + they will give ya some stuff to numb ya up. that really helped when i had a hook go in through the tip of my finger and come out under my finger nail. Could not pull that one through lol. O well glad to see you mad it out of that one ok. BTW where do you buy your .051 wire anyway? that stuff is hard to come by in coils.
[signature]