Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
My biggest bass to date
Well, Lake Fork has once again impressed me. I go down to Texas every spring and don't want to leave when my trip is over. I beat my old record of 7lb 15 oz by catching an 8lb 3oz largemouth. Caught a few 6 lbers and even more fives, lots of 3-4 lbers. Water temp was mainly around 65* and the water was a bit muddy from the breeze.
Trinity
[inline 154.jpg]

[inline 165.jpg]
Scott 7lbs 14 oz
[inline 174.jpg]
Alex 7lbs 15 oz
[inline 180.jpg]
John (fsh4fun05) 8lbs 3oz
[inline 182.jpg]
[inline 183.jpg]

[inline 202.jpg]
[signature]
Very Nice!!!!
[signature]
That is one NICE Largemouth man!

I remember catching my largest an 11.9lb largemouth In Arkabutla Lake, Ms back in 1976 when I was 16 years old with my dad on a secret spot called Tubby Toby Creek on a Big Basla wood Tenneesee Shad deep diver.

I still remember that catch as if it was yesterday.

Congratulations on your personal Record breaker!
[signature]
Oh and congrats to Scott and Alex too. Those are very nice largemouth bass also. I'll take one of those any day. Hell I hope I catch just one that big this season.

Looks like you guys had a great trip.
[signature]
I've heard that is quite the place to fish and you guys proved that. Congrads on your best to date and all the folks that got some nice fish.
[signature]
nice one wish i could find one that size
[signature]
Holy cow! Those are some nice fish!!!
[signature]
Looks like a good trip. Great pics!
[signature]
Nice catches, some of those look pregnant, when were these caught? Nice fish.
[signature]
End of March/first of April 2010. I didn't go this year to Fork and I keep kicking myself in the butt for it. I'm taking my boat next year to find 'new water'.
[signature]
Yea some of those got a belly on them, looks prespawn females some of them. The fish here are guarding their nests. So I am going to leave them be and wait a week or two before fishing, we need more bass in that lake...
[signature]
Edgy779 you can catch the bass pre-spawn and during spawn. Just catch em, take a pic and release them right there where you caught them. Don't keep em out of the water over a minute or so.

The only time you really should not catch a bass during spawn is if you see fry on the nest. Because while you are catching and releasing the bass protecting them they are very vulnerable to predators.
[signature]
hey fsh4fun05
Nice fish, and thanks for the great post!
[signature]
big lures catch big bass,I get frustrated when people laugh at the oversized lures I use sometimes.I caught my 9.9 with a huge fw,bomber lure shallow runner,3 trebbles,yellow.now I get to rub it their faces,lol its the fish to beat now,I just might hold that record for life.I lost that lure,can't find it at wallmart ,I need to find another .I've got some nice 5 lbers while trolling, and some chain pickeral.
[signature]
I know now cause i have caught a few off the beds, if i see them with the fry i leave em alone.
[signature]
Pics?....I just love to see big bass,here is my best for this year,here is my best in my lake for this year my greatest all time in glades,and one of my best in my lake with my "new sponsor",thanks to this bass,"Nautica", thet sent me a bunch of cool stickers for my boat, without me even asking ,Sorry about the quality,from the glades bass,I'm getting the original soon,I can't wait to post back thanks
[signature]
Very very nice. I have a few places here in Upstate NY that can yield something, although my largest to date is in the 5lb category! Congrats on some beautiful fish!
[signature]
A five pounder is great man,I caught one the beggining of the year and struggled till I finally caught the 5.10.In the glades this year I did get a 6lber with a frog I modded,"Paulpro tip" if you enjoy using plastic frogs for bass and are loosing alot of em,try using a single worm hook instead of the double hooks design, size 3 for sm frog,good luck on landing your next biggest bass. Paul pro knows fishing like Bo knows baseball I I used the original part were you tie to,"this hold the frog from sliding down".I then tied through both eyes, hook and the double eye part,it has another eye which is larger wich keeps the nose from sliding down.Alfred told me, "Whatever you did to your frog,do it to mine!" lol [inline "Paul's pro frog,single hook #3 worm hook.JPG"][inline IMG_0303.JPG]
[signature]