Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Help on Lake Marburg, Codurus
[font "Calibri"]Looking for some help so that I can get my son hooked on fishing. We just moved up to PA from Maryland. I am an experienced bass fisherman…BUT….I need to be able to catch some Crappie on lake Marburg as I am trying to get my 6 year old son hooked on fishing. I don’t have a boat anymore so I am looking at shoreline fishing for Crappie as an exciting introduction for my son.[/font]
[font "Calibri"]We tried last Saturday….but it was windy and cold….and I had no idea where to fish for Crappie from the shoreline on lake Marburg…other than the areas where you can park.[/font]
[font "Calibri"]Can someone with experience on this lake give me some insight on good areas to try from shore? Any technique advice would be appreciated as well. We tried live minnows below a bobber and tried some crappie jisgs as well. No-one we talked to was doing any good that day….but I would like to have some “confidence spots” to try next time I take my son out there.[/font]
[font "Calibri"]Thanks a million![/font]
[font "Calibri"]Mike[/font]
[signature]
Try fishinhg around some of the bridges on the lake from shore. I fish that lake from a boat a lot of times and i always saw bank fisherman around the bridges fishing. Theres lots of chunk rock around them . There are some big perch in the lake and i think thats what most of them fish for there. I do no theres some big bass in the lake smallies and largemouth. Check out B&B Tackle shop in town there . He will be glad to help you out. on where to go and where to fish from the shore line.. Titelines and wet nets to ya .
[signature]
Great! Thank you fo rthe advice.,.....and I will definately check out B&B Tackle.

Rip Some Lip!

Mike
[signature]