Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
SURFING DOLPHINS
[cool]I found this pic that illustrates the point myu made about dolphins liking to surf. HANG FIN!

[Image: delphin_swarm.jpg]
[signature]
I've seen lots of dolphins while surfing and boogie boarding gives you a chill till you figure out what they are.
[signature]
[cool]Yeah, well my laundry bill went up while I was float tubing in one of the canals near Buras, in southern Louisiana. The water was murky, and it was early morning. I had noticed a dophin working a hundred yards or so away from me. But, all of a sudden, he stuck his head up out of the water to look at me from only a few feet away. Before I realized what it was, I just about launched out of my tube like a Polaris missile.

Even worse was a gimpy pelican that had lost both feet to an icy freeze the previous winter. He came to recognize me whenever I fished that area and would not stay away. Probably because I snagged a couple of mullet for him the first time I was there. After that, I had a tough time getting fish off my line and releasing them before he came flopping in for a handout.
[signature]
where did you get that picture?? I had that as my wallpaper on my desktop for a little while. I got it from www.surfline.com

It was just weird to see that picture up here.

joe
[signature]
[cool]THAT'S funny, because the picture came from a website called WayWierd. I do not recommend anyone who is delicate or easily offended to look it up, because it has some GROSS STUFF on it. (love it)
[signature]
TubeDude,

That is a very nice picture. I love dolphin they are amazing mammal.

That is also very beautiful waves!!! I wish I could see waves that nice more, and I would love to share it with such experience surfer...or dolphins.
[signature]
That is good story...

We have public fresh water fishing area that is good for teaching kids to fishing. There are family of wild cats that learned how to scare little kids away after they catch a fish, They take the fish and sometimes the pole into the forrest. it is funny to walk in forrest and suddenly see many poles close together in the forrest. These poles are only bamboo type with no reel. If this is rod with reel, then maybe these cat would be hunted. I sometimes can find over 20 poles with lines in the forrest!
[signature]
[cool]That is an interesting story about your cats that have learned to catch fish with a fishing pole.

Many fishermen who go to Alaska to fish for salmon in the rivers have learned to watch closely for the large bears in the area. These bears are protected and may not be hunted, so they have learned they are in no danger from people. The bears will sometimes wait in the trees or high grass until they see a fisherman bringing in a fish, and then they will run down and grab it before the fisherman can. They usually break the line and do not steal the fishing rods, but I suppose that some are dragged a ways after the fisherman drops them and runs. I would not stay and dispute the ownership of the fish with a bear that can weigh over 1500 pounds.

In nature, I have witnessed eagles stealing freshly caught fish from seagulls and other fishing birds. They either attack the birds in the air and make them drop their dinner, or wait until the other birds have landed to eat and then drive them off. Lazy or smart?
[signature]