Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Garden time !
After last years crop a better location was made .A whole year for one salad won't do again .
I'll post pics later .
It isn't going to be a DaveTClown sized garden but it will keep me in veggies this fall , lost of goodies to go with the venison stew .
Tonight I put in some red and yellow onions , some radishes , some carrots , all from seed .
Getting some aged horse manure in before planting the beans ,peas ,hot & bell peppers , maters ,taters , zucinni, cucumbers , cauliflower, and other taste treats .
Tarps are ready just in case another frost or snow hits .
Watcha guys planting this year ?
[signature]
I've got 3 sections of garden around the place now .
Lost a few plants to the frost , some are just stunted from it too .
Already having radishes and leaf lettuce , some of the tomatoes and peppers are in flower .
[signature]
I have to admit your stuff is a lot bigger than mine, must have something to do with the hours of day light. I know your days are longer up there compaired to down here.

I will have to find my camera to take a few pics of my garden.
[signature]
Uhh, what did I do right this year ?
Deer got into the onion plants , earwigs hit the radishes , everything else is doing great ![Image: bobwink.gif]
[signature]
your weeding your garden and watering just like you should... lol and keeping that pesky ground hog out.

I think it has to do with the hours of sunlight,

I saw mijjers advertising home grown summer squahs, "no one in this state has squash yet, not till the middle of july"
[signature]
Looks like your off to a good start as well .
Is that groundhog from this year ?
I haven't seen one in I don't know how long ago .
Almost done weeding today , spotted my first nickel size mater [Smile] !
Got a few more peppers sprouted up overnight , must have been from that last rain we had , hot diggity dog !!!!
Gotta transplant some of the pepper plants and leaf lettuce this weekend , just too many plants comming up from the second planting , I thought the frost killed most of them off .
I see those asparagus are pretty high already , i gotta get more growing too .
[signature]
I am done planting as of last weekend, I was going to put in another 100 punkin plants on monday but I got tuckered and called it quits.

Last year I got 5,
that hog is from a cople days ago and I hope is my last.

I see your cellery is doing good, that is something I havent been able to grow.
[signature]
My mater was chowed by a bug last night , but a replacement mater showed up next to it .
Peas have pods now 2" long , lots of peppers are on the bushes , the zucchini are in flower and look at this broccoli [cool] .
[signature]
sounds like either a slug or more likely the ever popular horned worm., you need to look close to see if you can spot him.

then when you find him, take your new buddy fishing, all the bass in the pond will love to say howdy to him. [:p]

nice lookin flower, looks like it is well on its way....

all you need now is a turtle, some morells, cream base, and a few more vegies and you will have my favorite "Mock Turtle Soup"
[signature]
My first two zucunni will be ready to pick any day now , one is a good foot long , the other is about 10" long , string beens with dinner tomorow [cool], peas are a few days away .
I can already see I have way too many tomatoes planted , way , way too many [Image: happy.gif].
[signature]
mmmm tomato, none on the vine down here yet. "never to many tomatos, use the rest for chili stock."

ground hog all but wiped out the beens at my house, hope my other row is doing better.

pop corn at my house is sholder high.

tomato plants at my house sholder high

no-see-ums are eating me alive !!!!! day and night... [pirate]
[signature]