Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Video of what every YF Tuna fisherman wants to see! C.R. fishing report with VIDEO!!!
[center]
Here's a quick pick of me, the mate and the 32 foot Ocean Master named 'Stress Reeliever' we fish and love!
[Image: MeMateBoat.jpg]

Fishing Reports:

April 11, 2010

[url "http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XGP6K_VDc0U&feature=channel"]You Tube Link 1[/url]

Sorry this took so long to post, but I have had a big problem trying to get Costa Rican government run internet to mesh with video files and You Tube. But this was an aweomse day of fishing. Wehad heard of Tuna in the area, so we went way out and we found this huge school of Dolphins and Tuna and had it all to ourselves! At first, as you can see in the first video, the school wasreally moving as the Dolphins were chasing huge schools of small Sardines. It was neat because the Sardines were only 2 inches long at most and it just looked like a dark black cloud moving through the water. at high speeds. Finally the Dolphins got them in a big dark ball and that's when we started pulling out the Tuna. We hooked up with 7 in all and they were all pretty nice sized ones, no footballs! We finally left there in search of a sailfish and ended up hooking one (but it escaped before we got it all the in)and a 300 pound Manta before going towards the house. It was the first Manta I have ever hooked, and the way it hit the bait and fought I was sure it was a Marlin. He pulled out part of his body when he took the bait that looked like a giant Dorsal Fin and then started ripping away at line. I had to turn the boat and chase him just to keep from getting spooled! Well, anyway, I'm sure people will ask why i put videos of Dolphins up on the site. Well guys, here's your chance to sell the Costa Rica trip to your wives! All women love Dolphins! And the whales is just icing on the cake! Below are two of the Tuna, and some sails from this week. Great day fishing, I'll keep those Quepos Fishing Reports coming!

[url "http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kJXOh1w5uc4&feature=channel"]You Tube Link 2[/url]

[Image: April112010A.jpg]
[Image: April132010A.jpg]
[Image: April112010B.jpg]
[Image: April132010B.jpg]

April 7th 2010

[Image: April2010A.jpg]

We've been off the last week putting in a new sonar, and steering system, so it was nice to get back out on the water. We had a pretty good day today, releasing 5 Roosterfish, a monster Barracuda and a Big Eye Jack. We hooked up about 100 times but today the Roosters were tricky! Luckily there were so many shots we got quite a few to the boat. We had a great day cruising around the tropical islands right near the beach. I think the customers had more fun today seeing the exotic scenery than hooking in to the fish! There are a couple of islands we fish on that have the caves near the water, and blow holes that violently shoot water up in the air as you pass by. It makes for some awesome scenery and I am truly blessed to call this my office! Another great day fishing in beautiful and sunny Costa Rica!

March 26 2010

[Image: March2610A.jpg]
[Image: March2610B.jpg]

Had a great day fishing offshore. The fishing was really far out, but well worth the trip. We hooked 4 out of 5 sailfish that got behind the boat, and also got a really nice Dorado. The highlight of the day was when we had a younger girl, about 13, reel in her first sailfish. And once again, with her dad and Rudy coaching her, she got it all the way into the boat by herself, just like a seasoned veteran! The first picture is of her, her proud father and Rudy! Another great day on the water, looking forward to April and May. Here's some pictures from beautiful and sunny Quepos Costa Rica!

[Image: March2610C.jpg]
[Image: March2610D.jpg]

March 19 2010
[signature]
john,

you still got some of those manta chops in your freezer?
[signature]