Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Family Fun Day at Middle Empire Lake
ROSEBURG, Ore. - The annual free Family Fun Day of fishing, games and activities is set for Saturday, April 24 at Middle Empire Lake. The event runs 9 a.m. - 2:30 p.m. and includes a free lunch.

"This is truly one of the best community events for the whole family," said Tom Rumreich, ODFW fish biologist. "We're stocking the lake twice within two days of the event, so it's a great opportunity for kids. Our biologists and volunteers will be out there to help teach the kids how to fish."<br />
Rumreich encourages families to bring their own fishing equipment. Some rods, reels and tackle will be available for loan. All fishing regulations apply. Kids 13 and younger do not need a license; ages 14-17 require a juvenile license.<br />
In addition to the fishing event, the Child Advocacy Center of Coos Bay is setting up a mini-carnival. Northwest Natural Gas will provide lunch.<br />
The trout stocking was made possible through ODFW's Youth Angling Education Program which was funded by the Oregon Legislature in partnership with the Oregon Wildlife Heritage Foundation.

Oooh, its really bad time for me. I am bit late to this thread to know about this fest... Please let me update if there is any famiy fun days fest like this.
[signature]