Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Why baitcasting, let me count the ways....
Why use a bait caster vs. a spinner ???, lets see: more accurate casting, longer casts, better drag and gear system, greater range of line and lure weights ( try throwing 20lb line on the same spinner you use for 6 lb line). More control over large fish, better hooksets, no line twist, smoother opperation overall, better balance, just a few reasons. The only advantage that spinning tackle has over bait casting is when you are consistanly using small baits with light line. That means 2-8 lb line, 1/64 oz - 1/4 oz baits. I am sure I am leaving some reasons out. Try cranking a deep diving crankbait ( one that goes 12 ft. plus) on spinning tackle all day. After 20-30 casts, your line will be so twisted you will fight loops all day, your arms and wrists will be worn out, and you will become so frustrated that you will quit fishing. Try jigging a heavy spoon in deep water on spinning tackle and get frustrated when the bail keeps flipping open on the hookset. Spinners have a place, but they are not the whole enchinlada. Learn to use both effectivly.