Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
new to CO
hi all!

i just moved to the springs last week and am looking to find some new fishin holes and buddies...i hit the "dream stream" yesterday and managed to pull a few chunky browns, despite a pretty stiff breeze!! awesome stretch of water, but I would also love to find some local spots i could hit after work without driving too far. i'm not asking for secret honey holes, just a bit of local angler knowledge! any info is greatly appreciated, and i'm always game to go wet a line!

matt
[signature]
Welcome!!

I don't the area around Colorado Springs very well, just the obvious places: Eleven Mile Res., Eleven Mile Canyon, Spinney, Antero, Pueblo, the Arkansas below Pueblo Res., and the Arkansas above Pueblo all the way up past Buena Vista. All have their moments along with countless other spots.

What species are you looking for? Just trout or warm water species, too? Are you a fly-only guy, or do you fish spinning or baitcast gear, as well?
[signature]
Thank you! Pretty excited to be here

Thanks for the list, those were pretty much the major spots I've heard about, but will certainly explore the area. I don't fish fly gear exclusively, but i do spend the majority of my time throwing for stream trout. I love to fish warmwater too (grew up worshipping pike and muskie!), but it can be a bit limiting without a boat. I'm definitely not above soaking a crawler from time to time either! Pretty much just all about the tug on the end of the line.

I was thinking about checking out some of the reservoirs on the northern and eastern slopes around springs, anyone fish any of these?

Glad to be on the forum!
[signature]
The Catamounts up on Pikes Peak will open in a few days. Very pretty place and some very nice fish, too.
[signature]