25lb Hybrid Catfish
[Image: IMG_0481.jpg]

14lb Carp
[Image: IMG_0449.jpg]

14lb Walking Cat Fish
[Image: IMG_0448.jpg]

More coming soon Big Grin
[signature]
Thanks for the share, those are some excilent specimens. Great photos...
[signature]
[quote davetclown]Thanks for the share, those are some excilent specimens. Great photos...[/quote]

Thank you very much! And as promised, more photos!

45lb Red Tail Cat Fish
[Image: IMG_0493.jpg]

32lb Red Tail Cat Fish
[Image: rtc2.jpg]

25lb Red Tail Cat Fish
[Image: rtc.jpg]
[signature]
how much do you pay to fish there? that's some great fish. And do they allow you to keep any of the fish for eating?
[signature]
[quote bytebull]how much do you pay to fish there? that's some great fish. And do they allow you to keep any of the fish for eating?[/quote]

currently, it is a strictly catch and release paypond but they are gonna start letting people bring home certain species of fishes home for eating. Pricing wise, its 20 SGD per hour, 35 SGD for 2 hours and 55 SGD for 7 hours. Packages are 40 hours for SGD 248 where you can check in and out. Hoping to land that arapaima whose always taking a peek at me fishing, they are damn hard to get, but damn good at fightning Big Grin
[signature]
Welcome to the board! WOW!! What a way to enter the catfish section. I have see those Red tailed ones on youtube. I am so jealous!!!! I love catfishing and those look great. Keep posting pic. Ron
[signature]
[quote idahoron]Welcome to the board! WOW!! What a way to enter the catfish section. I have see those Red tailed ones on youtube. I am so jealous!!!! I love catfishing and those look great. Keep posting pic. Ron[/quote]

Thanks Ron, very happy to be part of this board. I am currently using a Shimano STC Travel rod with a line poundage of 10-20lb with a Daiwa Airity 2000 size reel with 15lb braided and 50lb leader. The moment these babies hit your bait, they will run straight for the snags, and believe me, they really lurk VERY near to the snags. Am now considering a heavier setup just in case the 70 pounder decide to pay me a visit. Any recommendations ?
[signature]
More pictures for viewing Big Grin

12lb Red Tail Cat
[Image: P4290104.jpg]

20lb Mixed Breed Cat
[Image: P4290103.jpg]

22lb Red Tail Cat on Daiwa Zillion with GLoomis GL3 662
[Image: IMG_0507s.jpg]

Coming up, Pangasius and my friend's elusive Siamese Giant Carp! Stay tuned~ Big Grin
[signature]
I fish from float tubes and pontoons. I use ultra light rods and 4 pound test most of the time even for fish up to 10 to 15 pounds. I do have a couple of medium weight rods both set up with 30 pound braid if I think I will be into something HUGE. I have found that with the ultra light I can feel the bite better. Another thing in the tube or toon I can keep the fishes head up and they can't take me into snags like they do on the bank. I do have a Abu Garcia 6601-c4 on a Berkley Glow stick medium heavy, with 50 pound braid and 80 pound leader. This is for bank fishing for small sturgeon and large cats. Most of the time I am in my toon or tube. Ron
[signature]
thanks ron, would keep that in mind. i still have 1 of my ultra light 4-8lb tackle with me, but i dont use it anymore. that setup was for luring peacock basses Big Grin dont think the photos belong in this section so i did not post it >.<
[signature]
This Pangasius stripped 50m of my line before stopping its 1st burst today! Big Grin

Est. to be around 20lbs
[Image: IMG_0510.jpg]
[signature]
Now that is a cool looking fish. Man you have some great fishing there. Ron
[signature]
Thanks Ron, below is a double hook up with a fellow fisho, Chao Phraya Cat Fish and Pangasius [Wink]

[Image: IMG_0518-1.jpg]
[signature]
Are any of those the same species of fish as the mekong catfish? I have seen a little about them but I know NOTHING of them other than they are BIG!!
Now what you need to do is start fishing for them in a float tube or a pontoon. Then big cats would tug you around like a motor boat. I love catfishing in my tube and my toon. Ron
[signature]
[quote idahoron]Are any of those the same species of fish as the mekong catfish? I have seen a little about them but I know NOTHING of them other than they are BIG!!
Now what you need to do is start fishing for them in a float tube or a pontoon. Then big cats would tug you around like a motor boat. I love catfishing in my tube and my toon. Ron[/quote]

The Pangasius and Chao Phraya Cat are in the same family as the mekong catfish, they just dont grow as big as the mekong. In Singapore, you can fish on a toon or tube in freshwater, can only do kayak fishing in saltwater...
[signature]
hey people, was hit by a dry spell for the past few weeks, finally broken the spell Big Grin

Small Silver Arowana
[Image: IMG_0522-1-1.jpg]

15lb Red Tail Cat
[Image: DSCF1005.jpg]

The rare and elusive Siamese Carp, only 11 in the pond Big Grin
[Image: IMG_7630.jpg]
[signature]
Those red tails are off the chart COOL!!!!
Ron
[signature]