Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Downrigger
Looking for a downrigger option for a 14' Smoker Craft. I have seen the cannon mini troll with the C clamp. Anyone have any experience with those, one way or another? Is there another one that someone uses that works well on a smaller boat?
[signature]
I have a pair of Cannons for my 16' Lund, and really like them. They work perfectly and are not difficult to operate.
[signature]
Those are the mini trolls with the C clamp? I have read of pieces breaking and wondering if that has happened to anyone here.
[signature]
I have a Cannon Sport Troll that I used on a 14' aluminum boat with great success. It isn't a C-clamp mounted down-rigger; however, it worked well mounted on a board that I mounted to the bench seat. It is very well constructed, and was very effective in the hot summer months when the fish were deep.
[signature]
Well 4 years ago I found an older but great electric cannon at a garage sale for $10 ( yea I paid and ran![sly]) and I got a hand crank cannon for the other side so I have 2 for my 16’ wc Lund and I love them both. I have never had a problem running either one!

"There is no greater fan of fly fishing than the worm.
Patrick McManus—"
[signature]
I have had one of the "mini trolls" for 2 years not it seems to work good to about 70 ft if you want to hit the macs you will need something that can handle more weight IMHO...
[signature]
I HAVE A 16 FOOT SMOKER. I HAVE 2 BIG JON CAPTINS PACKS, THEY ARE WHAT ALOT OF OCEAN GUIDES USE. I HAD 2 CANNONS WENT WITH A FREIND WITH B JONS. SAW A BIG DIFF. SO I SOLD MINE AND BOUGHT 2 AND LOVE THEM. THEY ARE 400 EATCH.
[signature]