Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
cats in Arizona ?
Hello,

Does any one fish in Arizona ??

I have just started my first cat scansion and so far I have caught 4 cat in a mouth and a half so I am off to a good start [Image: happy.gif]
[signature]
thats great news. you may want to invest in to a cheep digital camera so we can get a look see at them desert cats.

keep up the good work and reports comming in... [cool]
[signature]
thanks, I have one just wen I was going to take the pic was wen the hed was off and skinned.
game and fish are stocking some time this week [cool]
I wen fishing yesterday and didn't get any thing
I was using worm and hog wild and bill dance's blood bait
my dad spent $8.00 on that bill dance POS and it doesn't work, I haven't even had a bite on it [mad]

I think I and going to get a refund, if I do I am going to get some Catfish Charlie Blood or Catfish Charlie Dough Bait pole cracker [cool]
[signature]
Do you know of any good places near Scottsdale? My sister is going to be headed to school there this fall and she loves catfishing. I was hoping to get here pointed in the right direction.
[signature]
[cool][#0000ff]If you live around the Phoenix area there are quite a few good kitty holes. I lived in Chandler for a few years and pulled lots of cats from the lakes along the Salt River and also from Horseshoe and Bartlett on the Verde. You didn't mention if you fished from the bank or afloat. But, if you are limited to bank fishing try the Butcher Jones Cove area on Saguaro Lake. Forget the "prepared" baits. Plain old nightcrawlers will catch them. Live or fresh dead shad can be even better. Or, if you catch some yellow bass cut them up and use them for bait.[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]One of my other favorite spots...from bank or float tube...is the big scour hole below Horseshoe Dam. Lots of places to soak a bait from shore and both channel cats and flatheads available.[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]You can also do pretty good in several spots on Bartlett. I like Rattlesnake Cove. Again, both channel cats and flatheads. If you want to target the big flatheads catch a few bluegills and use them live...after dark is best.[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]Also some decent catfish in Canyon Lake, but harder to find and catch. Ditto for Apache. Limited access.[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]Roosevelt is full of cats...channels and flatheads. A bit of a drive but it can be worth it.[/#0000ff]
[signature]
thanks and will do
[signature]