Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bad Day
Went to the pier today to go try and catch some catfish. Well I caught a couple bream for cut bait then I saw this huge alligator gar (maybe 4-6 ft) and didn't wanna hook him. So I ended up casting out and sat there for about 30mins when something struck my line. It was that gator gar so I fought him for maybe 15 mins and then my line broke so I ended up coming home empty handed. [mad]
[signature]
Man I don't care what a guy is fishing FOR, a 6 foot gator gar would be kick @ss! Sounds like a pretty good time to me. Ron
[signature]
It got my adrinaline going man and that was worth it even though I didn't know what I would have done with the thing. [Image: dumb.gif]
[signature]
I would have released it my self. They got to be old when they are that big. Ron
[signature]
The main thing I was thinking about is where was I going to put it in my car [cool] But if I did land it I probably would have got it mounted
[signature]
Last year I faught a salmon for 2 hours before loosing him..

I would not say that I came home with nothing, I got the fun of the fight and the agony of defete, ya a fish would have been nice and some times I could have realy used a fish, but I never come home empty handed unless some one comes out and spoils my day of relaxation

thanks for the share,

them gars realy are tricky critters to get in, The trick I found to use on them is to let them roll a cople times to rap the line around its top and bottom jaw so the line dosnt get cut by all them razor teeth
[signature]