Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
WFN Viewer Wins Fishing Trip With Orioles Star
DENVER, COLORADO - WFN: World Fishing Network, North America's only 24-hour fishing lifestyle network, today announced that Greg Shute of Annapolis, MD, has won the Network's"Win a Fishing Trip With Luke Scott" contest.

As the winners, Greg and his 9-year-old son, Brennan, will spend Monday, May 24, whetting lines along the Chesapeake with ardent angler and Baltimore baseball star Luke Scott. The grand prize also includes a $1,000 cash prize and WFN merchandise. As an added bonus, a WFN camera crew will accompany them on the trip and produce a feature to be aired on WFN at a future date.

"Three of my passions are family, fishing and baseball," said Shute. "This will be a unique opportunity to bring them together for an unforgettable day for me and my son."

The mission of the WFN contest was to locate the Chesapeake's most passionate angler. Entrants had to tell WFN and Scott in 200 words or less why every day is a great day for fishing. Here's an excerpt from Shute's winning response:

"Fishing gives me chance to enjoy our beautiful natural resources that God created for us. It is also a life-long hobby that I can enjoy with my son. No other sport or recreation gives the time to know your kids and talk about the wonders of the world."

In addition to being one of baseball's most feared sluggers, Scott is also a passionate outdoorsman. He and his brother learned to fish from their father and their passion for the pastime has not waned one bit. Unfortunately, baseball season overlaps with prime fishing time in Maryland and despite playing in Baltimore since 2008, he has yet to fish the Chesapeake Bay.

"Being out on the water and enjoying the peace and quiet of the outdoors is very relaxing," said Scott. "Some of my fondest memories have been on fishing trips- telling stories and being with the family. I can't wait to finally get out on the famed Chesapeake with Greg and Brennan to talk baseball and fishing."

"The Chesapeake is one of the nation's top fishing areas and the demand for WFN is huge-which is why we launched this major promotional initiative here," said Chris Doyle, VP, Marketing for WFN. "Spending the day on the water with Luke Scott, an avid angler and major league ballplayer is surely a fish tale that will last a lifetime."

WFN's high definition channel, WFN HD, is available in the Chesapeake area on DISH Network (channel 394), Verizon FiOS (channel 594) and AT&T U-verse (channel 1679). Verizon FiOS also carries WFN SD on channel 317.

About WFN: World Fishing Network

WFN: World Fishing Network is the only 24/7 television network dedicated to all segments of fishing with programming that covers instruction, tips, tournaments, travel, food, boating, outdoor lifestyle and more. WFN's wide-ranging programming lineup includes primetime theme nights, regional bureaus from across the nation, a selection of the best international series and the most diverse species coverage of any TV channel. Featuring popular programs hosted by the world's top anglers, the network also delivers a weekly news program, WFN News, and the schedule includes a variety of exclusive lifestyle shows including Hookin' up with Mariko Izumi and WFN's Reel Road Trip. WFN also delivers the beauty of fishing in stunning High Definition with WFN HD, a separate network that delivers 100 percent High Definition programming 24/7.

Originally launched in December 2005, today WFN and WFN HD are available in more than 20 million households through North American cable, satellite and telecommunications distributors. In the U.S., distributors include AT&T U-verse, Charter Communications, Comcast, DISH Network and Verizon FiOS and others. For more information, visit http://www.WFN.TV.

Media Contact

Doug Drotman - WFN (631) 462-1198 or doug@drotmanpr.com