Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Going camping on the river next weekend
Anyone here near Sunbury. My friends and I are going up to sunbury to fish and camp for the weekend on 5/14. On the Susquehanna river . Its awesome up there where the west and north branch meet. Let me no if anyone wants to meet up there . I no that part of the river pertty good up the west branch and it can be good fishing.!
[signature]
This month is crazy for me. I probly wont get to go fishing at all untill our Erie trip, the 28th-30th. Cant wait. Hope you guys have fun up there.
[signature]
Got the boat already to go BPG. Put new spark plugs in the boat she will be running like a champ...lol [Wink] I guess no body in here lives close to sunbury. Im about 1 hour away from there so its a quick cruz. up river . Take care !
[signature]
Be sure to take the camera along. I want you to document all the monsters you guys catch!
[signature]
Yes I will have the camra along. Were going to do some cat fishing and musky fishing also . I got some of my big swim baits ready for the toothy critters.LOL
[signature]
I know you are not far from SFT, before you leave you should run down there and get a River2Sea S-Waver. Those things make Pike and Muskie loco. Its my go to lure this time of year for those guys.
[signature]
never used one, well I used a charlie swim bait, "simmilar design"

if that works as great as the charlie, then its like using a stick of dinamite.

the only problem with the charlie is the pike would chew up the soft rubber.

I like the white with silver specks for pike bass and eyes.

here is a vidio of that lure. tacklewarehouse.com/videos/R2SW.html?pcode=R2SW

Neither bass pro or Cabelas sell this item.
[signature]
Yeah i seen the Charlie before and it does look like a really nice lure. I been thinking about getting one but never knew of anyone that used one. I cant believe the price they sell them for. It looks like a $20 swim bait but its priced at less than half of that. Maybe i will order 1 or 2 for my Erie trip the end of this month.

The S-Waver is a really unique bait. It swims like no other bait i seen before. I a rather large smooth "S" pattern. The nice thing about it is the entire bait is hard except for the tip of the tail. I been using mine for 2 years now and the tail still looks fine. The body got quite a few teeth marks in it though. I dont mind, gives the lure some character lol!
[signature]
I have been a fan of split repallas for years,

the part I like about this one is it dose not dive when cranking. charlie will and so dose the repallas. that one looks like a killer lure over top those weed beds before the grow up to the serface.
[signature]
Yeah that why i like to so much! totally different. you can cast it our let it sink and then start to reel it in to get some depth out of it though. An yes the weed beds you are talking about is exactly where that lure shines!
[signature]
Came up from Florida to try out some of those brown fish on the Susky for the rest of the week. Hearing some good numbers, just hope it continues.
[signature]
We had a great trip to sunbury on the susquehanna river . we caught some good smallies . Pics to come i dident upload them yet . I hope to do so tonite after work. titelines all
[signature]
Hey those are some really nice looking fish! i just got back from Erie sunday and i got some pics but i have not had the time to upload them yet. Hopefully i will find the time tonight or wednesday to take them off my camera.

Anyway what were ya using to get your fish? Big fat twister tail grubs did the magic for us this weekend. It was sunny and hot all 3 days. Could not of asked for better weather. One thing i noticed about those river fish is how dark they are. The smallies we were getting up at Erie are light in color. Anyway all in all it was a great weekend and everyone had a blast. We took to guys up that never fished it before and put them on my other boat and showed them what to use and they were pounding them to. They both said they never caught so much fish in there life. It makes me feel good to open up peoples eyes to a great time! Hey that s what its all about right!
[signature]
We were catching our fish on tubes and a few on jerbaits
[signature]