Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
research on witch flippers to buy
[size 2][font "Courier New"]I am doing some research on witch flippers to buy, I have a 14 year old that wants to start float tubing with me, I got her a Water Skeeter today and a life vest and a small pair of flippers, I am of the opinion they will not let her keep up with me.[/font][/size]

[size 2][font "Courier New"]I also fear the wind might push her around.[/font][/size]

[font "Courier New"][size 2][/size][/font]

[size 2][font "Courier New"]Most everyone where force fins, I am already taped out on the tube, so I want to keep it with in reason.[/font][/size]

[size 2][font "Courier New"]Her Loving and worried Dad.[/font][/size]

[size 2][font "Courier New"]Steve[/font][/size]
[signature]
[cool]Hey, Taipan, if you go back through some of the past pages (click on the numbers at the bottom of the main page) you will find some threads where we had a lot of good discussion on fins.

For a 14 year old female, I would have to know her size and physical condition before I could make a qualified recommendation. There is a lot of difference in 14 year old females. Some are bigger and stronger than others.

There will also be considerations as to whether they are for fishing with or without waders, and how big the waters will be upon which you will be fishing. For going short distances from the car, on most lakes, you can get away with smaller and less costly fins than if you plan to hit big waters with the potential for current and wind.

PM me if you need some links to different manufacturers or discount Diving supply places. Actually, you can find serviceable fins at Walmart and some of the big sporting goods outlets, for beginners. If she decides she wants to get serious, you can always buy a bigger pair, and keep the others for friends or first timers...or backup when you lose one or more fins.
[signature]
[size 2][font "Courier New"]I got lucky on my first buy,[/font][/size]

[size 2][font "Courier New"]She can out run me on the lake.[/font][/size]

[size 2][font "Courier New"]I just brought me a pair of adjustable force fins. [/font][/size]

[size 2][font "Courier New"]I got lucky on my first buy,[/font][/size]

[size 2][font "Courier New"]They are a bit pricy.[/font][/size]

[size 2][font "Courier New"]Thanks Steve[/font][/size]
[signature]
[cool]Price is only a part of it. If they work well and serve you for a long time then they are a good investment.

I just retired a pair of fins I have used almost 20 years, and they still have some miles left on them. That's pretty good value.

Let us know if your daughter gets "hooked" on this float tubing stuff. Better yet, get her registered on the board and she can post her own questions and reports...to keep the old man honest.
[signature]