Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Cheapest best camo tubes out there?
I am totally new to this and i know you have all heard this about a billion times. I am an angler that fishes almost everyday during the summer and duck hunts during the fall. I only have a small car and need a quick alternative to bringing a boat everywhere. I have had my eye on a few float tubes and am wondering if they are worth looking into. I was looking at a few camo models and i found a gunnison model and bighorn. Are these decent tubes? I dont need anything fancy i just want something that will be durable and will actually keep me afloat. Any help will be greatly appreciated.
[signature]
[cool][#0000ff]Welcome aboard. Not many folks come on our site looking for camo rides. There are several on the market, but if you will be fishing more than hunting you might consider choosing the craft that suits you best for fishing and then make a camo drape cloth...like a poncho...to cover you when you are hunting. That has worked well for others. You can go crazy and make a full "gillie suit" like the snipers use.[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]The reason it is a good idea not to fish in camo is for safety. Unless the boats can see you well, they can't find you and run over you as easily (joke). There are some states and many lakes that have requirements that you display a large patch of safety orange when float tubing.[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]The Gunnison and Bighorn are both okay as starter craft, but are made "offshore" for the price market. They have potential problems with valves, zippers and seams. The air bladders are also very thin vinyl and are more subject to easy punctures.[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]Reading back through our past threads should give you a good idea of what the most popular models are and how to evaluate price vs quality.[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]Oh yeah...welcome aboard.[/#0000ff]
[signature]